Lost The Flame

BUT IT SEEMS LIKE SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY HE FORGOT WHAT THE HELL WAS HIS JOB IN THE BAND. HIS RESUME AS SHOWS.

LEAD GUITAR PLAYER.
I use to play in exodus and metallica and was taught by joe satriani. Now I seem to of forgotten how to play lead and have been reduced to Jason Newsteads position on And Justice for All. I ONLY FOLLOW THE RYTHNM. Ive lost my sense of self worth and my knowledge of tone and harmonics. Sometimes I wear gay hats and talk in a really girly voice. PLEASE LET ME PLAY WITH YOU .... I MEAN FOR YOU. (I secretly have anal sex with lars so hire me.)

SORRY I WAS BORED. I STILL LISTEN TO EVERYTHING BEFORE AND JUSTICE.... BUT THE RECORDING ON THAT WAS JUST SO FLAT TO ME.

i will stand by my comment that kirk is a extremely overratted guitarist
i used to look up to him as a god but thats only because i hadnt heard anyone else, if you put kirk hammet circa andjustice forall and everything before that up against dimebag or alexi laiho they would tear him a new one easily. i think that kirk is only half as good as people say he is

i will stand by my comment that kirk is a extremely overratted guitarist
i used to look up to him as a god but thats only because i hadnt heard anyone else, if you put kirk hammet circa andjustice forall and everything before that up against dimebag or alexi laiho they would tear him a new one easily. i think that kirk is only half as good as people say he is

I couldn't agree with you more on that one. Fuck him and his whammy bar copout-shit solos!! It is notable when I hear one of his solos that are actually good!

In a way, Kirk IS overrated, simply because everyone has heard of Metallica and consequently a whole load of people think he's a god because they haven't heard much else. But regardless, I think he's a great guitarist. If I could play half of his "cop-out" solos then I'd be pretty damn pleased with myself. As for Alexi Laiho, he's a great guitarist too, but he shouldn't have to come into this.

Also worth mentioning; it's getting harder and harder to say Kirk is overrated at all really, because since St. Anger, people who previously thought he was amazing are now saying that he's shit. I don't think anyone can seriously say that St. Anger is a great album, but if you go see Metallica live then Kirk still shows on a regular basis that he's an incredible guitarist.

My favorite cd of in flames is colony and clayman. Amazing cd's...although, I really love the new stuff too. I personally think In Flames needed a change.

Reroute to remain is in a league of it's own. Very different...very melodic. A different style. I loved it at first listen...even though I was a huge fan of ALL of the older albums.

STYE is allot different than reroute to remain.

I don't know...I really like how in flames has changed over the years. It's refreshing to hear something new and different.

-edit-

On a side note, I though saint anger sucked horribly :wave:

I Would Like An Old School Song Once In A While Though. Like Another Food For The Goods Or Dead Eternity. Like An Epic Or Something That Would Rock. But With The Progresed Writing And Sound. Do You Catch My Drift? Hell I
dOnt Even Know If I Understand My Post.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
I Would Like An Old School Song Once In A While Though. Like Another Food For The Goods Or Dead Eternity. Like An Epic Or Something That Would Rock. But With The Progresed Writing And Sound. Do You Catch My Drift? Hell I
dOnt Even Know If I Understand My Post.

:lol:

I think I somewhat get you.

Yes I would love to hear another Food For Gods or Dead Eternity sounding song.

who says the producers are writing the stuff? InFlames still write their own songs like every real band should. i guess their just trying to find a new set of fans..and trying to keep the old ones too. insearch for i and dial 595 escape are two of the best songs on the record. even most reviewers think so. i suggest we wait to see what if they get any better. LONG LIVE THE JESTER RACE!!

I LOVE COLONY JUST AS MUCH AS YOU BUT SAYING SCREW JESTER RACE IS A VERY BOLD STATEMENT. I APPLAUD YOU FOR YOUR HONESTY THOUGH, DEAD ETERNITY FUCKING ROCKS. THAT SONG MAKES ME SPOOG. OHHH YEAH THATS GOOD STUFF> HAHA :loco: :D
FOOD FOR THE GOOOOODDDSSSS! THAT ENDING MAKES ME SPOOG TOO. I CANT LISTEN TO THOSE SONGS BACK TO BACK BECAUSE ITS SPOOG OVERLOAD AND MY BODY CANT HANDLE THAT. DAMN NOT BEING TO HAVE MULTIPLE ORGASMS. HAHA. SORRY ILL GO AWAY NOW.

Sunlapse said:
screw the jester race,

\m/ COLONY \m/

Colony is certainly underrated, but despite its shortness I think Subterranean is their best moment, followed by a 3-way tie between TJR, Colony and Whoracle

TJR just has too much filler, or average songs.... like Moonshield, Jester's Dance, Graveland, and The Jester Race.... and except for the solo, i've grown a bit tired of December Flower as well. Same with Whoracle, theres some great tracks, but it isnt consistent, i never cared for Food For the Gods, Episode 666, Everything Counts and Whoracle as much is I do the others on the album.... but Colony just smokes all other IF album, all the songs are energetic, have awesome riffs, solos, it doesnt let up.... the whole album just has a "kick-ass" fell all the way through. Its one of the most energetic metal albums out there.

Coer. Coexistence Is My Favorite Song From That Albumfollowed Extremely Close By Embody And Ordinary . Embody Was The First Inflames Song I Ever Heard. It Still Holds A Special Place. I Saw Them Play This In 2002 Right After Bullet Ride And It Killed.

There is absolutely no filler on The Jester Race, every song is amazing. Perhaps their style on that particular album just isn't to your taste.