Lost...

Darn it, I was hoping the enhanced version would explain why Ben killed Locke just seconds after convincing him not to commit suicide. That whole scene is one of the best in the entire series, in my opinion, but terribly confusing! Maybe it has nothing to do with Locke saying they all need to go to Eloise Hawking (which would of course lead Widmore back to the island which Ben doesn't want to do), or maybe somehow Locke had to be killed rather than kill himself, in order to fulfill some plan known only to Ben.
icon_scratch.png

***SPOILERS***

Nice to finally see the 4-toed statue brought back into the story.

I hate Kate so much. She's such a selfish bitch. Sawyer finally gets on with his life and loves Juliette, but now that Kate is back you just know she wont be able to keep her hands off Sawyer, even with Jack right there. Lame. Flaky broad has to screw up everyone's life just because she can't make up her mind. I'd really love it if she turned down Sawyer's advances because it's not fair to Juliette. Or the other way around - Sawyer turning down Kate! Ha! Then in a fit of pouting she'll run to Jack and have hot sex with him to help her get over Sawyer. Then she'll have a change of heart and really want to be with Jack, but Jack will know that he was her second choice and will turn her away. I'd love to see that, but what I'd love to see the MOST is for the show to ditch the entire stupid love-triangle storyline all-together. Not that that will happen.

I wonder why they haven't shown Sayid and Sun back on the island yet. Did they time travel with Kate, Jack and Hurley, or did they stay in the present with Locke? I assumed they would have gone back in time with the others since they were alive and Locke stayed in the same time because he was dead (also like Charlotte, who's body disappeared/didn't time travel after she died). But if they did time travel, where are they?

***SPOILERS***

Nice to finally see the 4-toed statue brought back into the story.

I wonder why they haven't shown Sayid and Sun back on the island yet. Did they time travel with Kate, Jack and Hurley, or did they stay in the present with Locke? I assumed they would have gone back in time with the others since they were alive and Locke stayed in the same time because he was dead (also like Charlotte, who's body disappeared/didn't time travel after she died). But if they did time travel, where are they?

well, it looks like locke, ben, and sun stayed and the rest went back.

and holy shit...sayid fuckin shot little ben in the 70's!! what the hell is that gonna do

I'm interested in finding out what path leads Desmond back to the island. I've been thinking about when Ben frantically phoned Jack instructing him to get Locke's body because he had a little setback. He was all bloody and I'm just guessing that he went and killed Penny and that his wounds were from Desmond.

I'm also intrigued by a comment made by Miles when he claimed to have never been to the island until just recently. Can't remember who, but someone was like, "you sure about that?" So it got me to thinking that he bears a resemblance to Dr. Marvin Candle, or Haliwax or whatever he calls himself. Wonder if Miles could be his son.

And, I'm glad Frank Lapidus is still around. For whatever reason I enjoy his character and hope they keep him around for a bit and maybe give him a little more importance.

I'm also intrigued by a comment made by Miles when he claimed to have never been to the island until just recently. Can't remember who, but someone was like, "you sure about that?"

Did you also notice that Juliette addressed him by another name once? Trying to remember the scene, I think it was inside one of the Dharma homes, and I believe Sawyer had either bolted out the door or was outside and Juliette comes by Miles who is seated and calls him "Ralph"???? If I remember correctly? It was very fast, but I could have sworn that's what was said.

I'm also intrigued by a comment made by Miles when he claimed to have never been to the island until just recently. Can't remember who, but someone was like, "you sure about that?" So it got me to thinking that he bears a resemblance to Dr. Marvin Candle, or Haliwax or whatever he calls himself. Wonder if Miles could be his son.
Looks like you were right. Good call!

I'm excited about it as well .... Hope they can come up with a satisfying ending to the show. I've been watching this show for years but still don't have any clue as to how it will all wrap up.

Britt

Jibrille I'm just going to say right now that I'm stealing your avatar idea :p putting a Dharma logo up is a GREAT idea! Maybe I'll use something else LOST related since it's time for a change anywho.

I need to catch up on the last few episodes as I completely forget what happened. So much to remember o_O

So Bad Locke is the Smoke Monster? Who saw that coming?

Do you think they are living in a parallel existence or the other scenes when they land are the "what if?" scenario playing in contrast to where they are now? The interesting thing that I took away from the season premier is that perhaps their lives wouldn't have been "better and pain free" had the plane not crashed. Sun and Jin are still angry, Katie is still a prisoner and now a carjacker, Charlie is in obvious trouble with someone, Jack missing his father's body, Locke is still wheelchair bound, Hurley is in denial, and the list goes on. I think the juxtaposition helps demonstrate that their lives were made better by landing on the island. Most of them anyway. Sayid caught a raw deal for sure; on the other hand it could be that the island has given him a chance to redeem himself and clear his conscious by all the help he's given to the other survivors.

Hmm...

Methinks it's the other way around. The smoke monster took on Locke's appearance. If you recall, at one point, he was also looking like Jack's dad.

Not sure what to think of the airplane scenes, outside of it being an interweaving of the future. Particularly as Charlie said he was supposed to die, which is what happened on the island, and almost happened on the plane....till Jack saved him.

I liked the episode overall, and the split timeline may be cool depending on where it goes. But was anyone else slightly irritated that here we are, 18 episodes from the end of the show, and we get introduced to yet another group of people living on the Island completely hidden from the crash survivors? I mean, all these new folks (and there appeared to be a pretty good number of them) looked pretty clean and well fed, their clothes were almost nicely laundered, and the Oceanic folks - who have been crawling all over the island for months and surely have seen almost every nook and cranny - had no idea whatsoever that these folks were there? Ugh.

Ken

I liked the episode overall, and the split timeline may be cool depending on where it goes. But was anyone else slightly irritated that here we are, 18 episodes from the end of the show, and we get introduced to yet another group of people living on the Island completely hidden from the crash survivors? I mean, all these new folks (and there appeared to be a pretty good number of them) looked pretty clean and well fed, their clothes were almost nicely laundered, and the Oceanic folks - who have been crawling all over the island for months and surely have seen almost every nook and cranny - had no idea whatsoever that these folks were there? Ugh.

Ken

It's not really a new group. It's still the Others and at least a part of it is the group that we've been aware of since s3 which explains the presence of the flight attendant and those kids all 5 years older. In fact, we know the group that was in the village went to the Temple before they came back to follow John.

Yeah .. they are just the "other" others. Still though .. they were a bit annoying. You have a karate master leader who hates english, and his sidekick john lennon hippie interpretor. I thought their introduction was a bit awkward at best.

I'm still trying to figure out how the Dharma van teleported along with Hurley, Miles, and friends. Oh well .. it's just television after all ;)

All in all a good episode. Things are moving quickly now. Early in this series it would have taken three episodes to get from the Swan station to the Temple. Now they get there in ten minutes.

Britt

One of the biggest WTF moments for me was at the airport, when Locke kept saying the Jack, "They didn't lose your father, they lost a casket" He said this like 3 times. Also, where else have we seen a casket? On the island with Locke's body.

The image of John Locke has been everything from a smoke monster to Jacob's brother.

Could the Locke who got off the plane actually BE Jack's father? (Though no longer dead?)

I won't even get into Desmond being on the plane. Could be a simple hellucination.

Good point, Jibrille .. forgot about that canoe flash.

Jasonic ... I just kind of thought that was Locke being his spiritual self. He would be one to believe that once the body dies the spirit moves on. That's what I thought he was getting at more than anything else.

Jack is the man of science, and Locke is the man of faith. I was surprised how well Jack took that .. he usually would fly off the handle and call that thought ridiculous. It looked like those two will have a future meeting .. perhaps one that sees Locke walk again.

I'm not sure what was up with Desmond, but he's one in which rules don't seem to apply. Rose & Bernard didn't see him ... or so they say. I'm not so sure I believe them.

Britt