Loudwire's top 10 death metal band list.

Everyone knows Protest the Hero belongs in that list. lol jk...

These lists are all based on personal opinion. Everyone has a different opinion on it and that's a fact.

What the hell does everyone here have against Death? A very exceptional and consistent band who pioneered the genre and released mostly classic albums. Way better than Morbid angel, or Cannibal corpse. I honestly don't get what's so funny about that.

Oh and Carcass should be no 1.

What the hell does everyone here have against Death? A very exceptional and consistent band who pioneered the genre and released mostly classic albums. Way better than Morbid angel, or Cannibal corpse. I honestly don't get what's so funny about that.

Oh and Carcass should be no 1.

:err:

"Death > Morbid Angel" = :err:
"Carcass > Death > Morbid Angel" = :erk:

Morbid angel is kinda overrated. Altars is cool but its not the masterpiece people make it out to be plus their newer album insanus was horrible. Carcass is one of the few death metal bands I can enjoy on a regular basis and Symphonies of sickness is one of my all time favorite albums. I'm so sick of the fact that anyone who can come up with their own opinion is targeted for it.

Well, the thing is, you should know by now from that other thread that I don't judge a band by their whole catalogue but by their best works. Morbid Angel is irrelevant after Covenant, but that doesn't change the fact that neither Carcass nor Death ever released an Altars or a Blessed.

Well, the thing is, you should know by now from that other thread that I don't judge a band by their whole catalogue but by their best works. Morbid Angel is irrelevant after Covenant, but that doesn't change the fact that neither Carcass nor Death ever released an Altars or a Blessed.

But they did release a Heartwork which wipes the floor with both those albums (in my opinion).
Carcass for no.1 for me too, but the list on the whole isn't bad.

^Lol Heartwork wipes the floor with those albums? You guys are fucking insane.
Bands like Morbid Angel get shit on because their sound differed from each album. Altars sounds nothing like Blessed and Blessed is so different than Covenant. And so on. Illud is a great fucking album if you get over the fact that it isn't like old Morbid Angel. They don't consistently stick with one sound, like Deicide and Cannibal Corpse, and that's why it's hard to pin them down as number 1. I, however, like each album and the different sound and vibe that comes with it, so obviously I'll favor Morbid Angel. Carcass>Morbid Angel is lol. GTFO. Death is overrated if anything. The first 2 albums plus Symbolic are the only albums worthy of listening to often.

I think Morbid Angel have written some great individual songs (Abominations is incredible), but as complete albums Carcass are the masters. Heartwork is absolutely perfect to me, and Necroticism isn't far behind. I guess I just prefer the melody, imagery and songwriting of Carcass.
Death are awesome too. Spiritual Healing is my favourite of theirs.
It's a totally personal thing, obviously. I wasn't into DM when Altars hit. Brutal Truth's debut was the first extreme album I bought on the day it came out. I remember being blown away by Heartwork when I got it. I'd never heard anything like that before done so well. It holds a special place in my heart, but I can still stand back and appreciate it as a perfectly constructed record.
There's got to be something to a band that makes me want to come back to the album time and time again. Carcass have done it again with Surgical Steel, which has barely left my stereo. Such an awesome driving album!

"Death > Morbid Angel" = :err:
:lol: is it really that shocking dude? Stop acting like a retard man.

but that doesn't change the fact that neither Carcass nor Death ever released an Altars or a Blessed.

:err:

"fact" ... lol

---------------

Damn, this thread is filled with a bunch of fucking tossers.

Deaths catalogue straight shits on Morbid Angel, almost every album from them will top any of MA's album, and thats coming from a huuuuge Morbid Angel fan ... i'll take any of their first three, and SYmbolic over Blessed or Altars.

Scream Bloody Gore > Altars of Madness
Leprosy > Blessed Are the Sick
Covenant = Spiritual Healing
Human>Domination
Symbolic > Anything and everything Morbid Angel has ever done.

Death >>> Morbid Angel

This forum is the only place i know where people shit on arguably the greatest death metal band of all time.

Death is great and I'm really liking Leprosy but I think a lot of people are overrating them and give them way more credit than needed.

This forum is weird. We talk about death metal and people don't like Death and Cannibal Corpse. Only fucking place on the internet.