loyalty

As long as you give them some sort of a notice and help out as much as you can with training your replacement or, possibly, finding ways for the remaining staff to help pick up slack, you should be good.

I'm not sure if it has been said yet or not but, if you are a good employee that has been kicking ass, they probably expect you to leave at some point, anyway. If the position doesn't have much room for financial growth, I would guess they would expect people to move on no matter what was discussed early on.

As long as you are upfront, helpful, and considerate, there shouldn't be any worries...assuming they are level-headed people.

There's my $.40.

if you go out politely, giving them some advanced warning and helping to train a replacement or to help train the colleagues to cover for your absence, if the business you start doesn't work out, you might still have a fall-back option.

if the business you start doesn't work out, you might still have a fall-back option.

Noose.jpg

i'd like to thank everyone for their considerate and level-headed responses though. it helps.