Mac vs PC thread

The majority of my computing has been on PC, but only because it is so universal. The ability to customize and repair your system is the essential feature of the PC in my opinion and the reason why Macs are always considered the second option. Once Macs are equipt with this feature I wouldn't be surprised to see Macs overthrow the PC.

I don't prefer one over the other, but merely find the PC to be more user friendly and entertaining, while Macs are much more serious and suited for business type stuff. Just looking at them though you would probably think the opposite. My next choice will most likely be a Mac just because I think it is time to explore the other option from a PC.

The majority of my computing has been on PC, but only because it is so universal. The ability to customize and repair your system is the essential feature of the PC in my opinion and the reason why Macs are always considered the second option. Once Macs are equipt with this feature I wouldn't be surprised to see Macs overthrow the PC.
Of course, then they'd actually be PCs...so yeah.

I almost got a Macbook Pro 1.5 years ago. Then I built a more powerful PC for $1k less than the Macbook Pro would have cost. Not only did I pay less for a better computer, but I got to fully customize each part of the computer, and building it taught me a lot about how computers work.

I'm glad I didn't get the Mac. I much prefer PCs, and regardless, I have come to despise Apple based on Apple stores, Apple-snobbery, Apple ads on TV, and Apple's customer "service."

If I had endless money, yeah, I'd probably get a mac to go along with my PCs. But I will not be buying a mac in any foreseeable time.

Nothing says business like a fuschia laptop.

As I already said, you wouldn't think a Mac was business worthy based on its looks, but many people use them for their business because they are less likely to get a virus and lose valuable files or documents.

Or they could take good care of their computer/PC and avoid going to retarded websites. I've never gotten a virus on my XP Pro-running Dell laptop and don't use antivirus or anti-malware or firewall software AT ALL.

If I had endless money, yeah, I'd probably get a mac to go along with my PCs. But I will not be buying a mac in any foreseeable time.
All the recording I've done has been done with a mac, and it's been known to failocaust, losing a fair bit of work in the process. This is a top-of-the-line new mac, too, using ProTools.
I seem to recall that you have a badass recording setup. Do you find PCs to work well for this stuff?

All the recording I've done has been done with a mac, and it's been known to failocaust, losing a fair bit of work in the process. This is a top-of-the-line new mac, too, using ProTools.
I seem to recall that you have a badass recording setup. Do you find PCs to work well for this stuff?

Absolutely, man. PCs work just as well. (I don't actually like that sentence, as it semi-implies that mac's have some sort of precedence in audio-abilities, but I don't know how else to phrase it). At school we have a mac in the studio, but when I record in my dorm room and at home, I'm using my PC.

Also, Sonar (my main DAW) is PC-only anyway.

Do you have an MBox?