Martin Lopez left Opeth - WTF?

BTW, If anyone could replace him, would be Flo Mounier.

>> are you serious? i don't think so. richard christy would be way better in lopez position...tho i think lopez is the best drummer possible for opeth...

Suggesting Lars was a joke hun.

There is probably no-one who could replace him, maybe some-one who could do something different but still sound like Opeth. But I want M.lo no other ho.

Yeah, maybe you're right.

I really liked Ed Warby (ex- Gorefest) doing drums on 'The Human Equation' and when I listened that record for the first time, it reminded me a lot of López's work. Don't flame me it's only my opinion since I don't play drums.
Besides, the main point of this thread is about the 'rumors?' of López leaving Opeth... HE WON'T LEAVE.

@ Arnold Layne: I guess, I don't browse this forum so often and I believe I've missed the sarcasm, hehe.

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
BTW, If anyone could replace him, would be Flo Mounier.

>> are you serious? i don't think so. richard christy would be way better in lopez position...tho i think lopez is the best drummer possible for opeth...

We have been left out in the cold on this thing for far too long. It is time for someone on the Opeth payroll to tell us what the fuck is going on.
It is time for us to start rumours(sp) about his absence.

Here's mine. Lopez can't stand traveling,or being around huge crowds,or being away from home. He has told Akerfeldt that he no longer wants to tour, but he wants to
do the studio work. Mike has had all he can take and he will ,with the pushing of Roadrunner, hire a new drummer after a long search(2 days or so). Hoglan has way too many commitments to be the new banger. Roadrunner could do a websearch
and have the top 10 respondants do a sort of talent vote-off kind of thing..

To leave the band in the middle of a tour like he has done before is inexcusable.
Great drummer or not, he has to fulfill his commitments.

gatedropper said:
We have been left out in the cold on this thing for far too long. It is time for someone on the Opeth payroll to tell us what the fuck is going on.
It is time for us to start rumours(sp) about his absence.

Here's mine. Lopez can't stand traveling,or being around huge crowds,or being away from home. He has told Akerfeldt that he no longer wants to tour, but he wants to
do the studio work. Mike has had all he can take and he will ,with the pushing of Roadrunner, hire a new drummer after a long search(2 days or so). Hoglan has way too many commitments to be the new banger. Roadrunner could do a websearch
and have the top 10 respondants do a sort of talent vote-off kind of thing..

To leave the band in the middle of a tour like he has done before is inexcusable.
Great drummer or not, he has to fulfill his commitments.

this theory is ridiculous and grounded in nothing but presumption

Oinkness said:
You're being way too big-headed, nigga.

Don't you think that Mike has a lot riding on this tour. He doesn't need
distractions. What he does need is a 'band' that is tight and ready to
'put out' the music.
I love Lopez' drumming. I also love a lot of other drummers drumming.
That point is moot. MA is the leader and he has to be a firm and fair
leader. Let the rumours fly!