Atheist
Bolt Thrower
Immolation
Keep of Kalessin
General Surgery
Pestillence
Absu
Marduk
honestly dudes... this year kicks ass though it would be nice if there were a few more slam/brutal death bands

this year rules so fuck you haters

Devourment
Mayhem
Atheist
Bolt Thrower
Immolation
Keep of Kalessin
General Surgery
Pestillence
Absu
Marduk
honestly dudes... this year kicks ass though it would be nice if there were a few more slam/brutal death bands

That's only a small fraction of the bands. It's like putting 3 sugar cubes in a glass of piss and saying it's an awesome drink.

That's only a small fraction of the bands. It's like putting 3 sugar cubes in a glass of piss and saying it's an awesome drink.

dude, every big concert has a ton of filler bands and atleast all of the filler bands at MDF are half decent. oh yeah, they haven't even announced the biggest act yet if i remember correctly

Still doesn't stand a chance compared to the European festivals if you ask me:Smug:
OEF is probably the greatest European festival, and they've easily surpased that.

Depends where you're from, and I guess if you live in Europe you'll have a different perspective, but if you're from the US, a festival like Wacken is fairly pointless considering that you can easily see 95% of the bands they book do full headlining sets in small clubs here, constantly.

At least with MDF they put some thought/effort into booking bands that you wouldn't normally get to see in the States.

OEF is probably the greatest European festival, and they've easily surpased that.

Depends where you're from, and I guess if you live in Europe you'll have a different perspective, but if you're from the US, a festival like Wacken is fairly pointless considering that you can easily see 95% of the bands they book do full headlining sets in small clubs here, constantly.

At least with MDF they put some thought/effort into booking bands that you wouldn't normally get to see in the States.

You're a fucking moron.

That is all, good night.

You're a fucking moron.

That is all, good night.
Well, judging by your sig...

I could either see Cynic or Blind Guardian at Wacken...

Or I can see them play a 1000 capacity club here.

I think I'd choose the club show.

(Not to mention the fact Cynic were booked to play MDF 2 years ago, but they're unprofessional scumbags and fucked the promoters over.)

Lol@the fan discussion. Death metal fans are mostly the cocolest guys, because they are not so full of their true-metal-we-are-superior-over-normal-people attitude. I'm a fan of Blind Guardian, but if you see a Blind Guardian patch on a bag, you can be 99% sure that the guy is a fag or a loser who wasn't accepted by his school mates and escaped into the world of metal and RPGs where everyone hugs everyone no matter how much of a stupid fuckface you are.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Better than all the bands Chris posted too!

THAT IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
The music is shit, but man, you wanna talk about a crazy idea that actually works....

I hate you guys, I posted the same link weeks ago and got no reaction at all.

Lol@the fan discussion. Death metal fans are mostly the cocolest guys, because they are not so full of their true-metal-we-are-superior-over-normal-people attitude. I'm a fan of Blind Guardian, but if you see a Blind Guardian patch on a bag, you can be 99% sure that the guy is a fag or a loser who wasn't accepted by his school mates and escaped into the world of metal and RPGs where everyone hugs everyone no matter how much of a stupid fuckface you are.

Not trying to sound arrogant here, but either I'm an exception to that idea or that's just totally wrong.

I for one find writing lyrics about gore, mutilation, murder and rape just as immature and silly as writing fantasy lyrics. Claiming that fans of one metal sub-genre are somehow "better" than others is ridiculous.

Still doesn't stand a chance compared to the European festivals if you ask me:Smug:

well, this isn't europe, this is america. tbh, i'd rather go to MDF than wacken. wacken is too fuckin huge for my taste. however, the sonar is an ideal size for a big concert but not too big

For the Europeans here, they announced the first few bands for OE.

poster_2009_en.jpg

Fuck off, all of you. Underground doesn't mean it's better, also focusing on one genre at a festival is fail. Your ignorance knows no bounds if you just said MDF and this OEM festival are the best in Europe. I know you think it's cool to listen to music that makes your parents upset, but when you grow up someday maybe you will learn that the music you like, while it can be good, is probably the least entertaining and most likely to start hardcore dancing in the moshpits. But it's all opinion in the end, some like chocolate, some like vanilla, others like bacon grease. YES I'M LOOKING AT YOU CHRIS.

For example:

Hypocrisy = win.

Fetalshitdick Dograper Clan = fail.

lrn2deathmetal

I desperately want to believe you're just joking but something inside me knows you've probably done this. *shudders* I can see you drizzling the bacon grease onto your cereal in the morning or something.