Meeting Bodom

Jani Laiho

Aug 25, 2004
first off, just in case, yeah, whatever, if this has already been posted, blah blah blah im an idiot for not searching. okay, i got that out of some of your systems for you! we've heard it a million times.

anyway, the past 2 bodom concerts, i have got to meet the band. well, once, it was just alexi and henkka. but anyway, the last time i met the whole band. but this year they are headlining..i believe..meaning, i wont be able to go outside during another bands set. and they definitely will be tired as hell after their own set, and swormed with people. mainly, and believe it or not, i dont care, i want my cousin to get to meet them. he was pretty disapointed last time because he wasnt able to come with me to the concert, especially after finding out how a lot of us hung out with them outside their tourbus. so...what should i do? get to the venue like 3 hours early? its gonna be at the Masquerade, in Atlanta. but what i mean is if i get there early, do bands hang out with people before the show? even if its only for 5 minutes. im mainly asking because i dont know what goes on before the show. does the band pull in...go inside to set up, and sleep in the bus until they are on? or will there be other people there waiting to meet them too. and even then would they even take time out to do that. i mean they arent THAT famous yet, so they cant be little pre-madonna's and hide from their fans, im sure. theres gotta be a way. and like i said, i just want my cousin to get to meet them, because he missed out last time, and the dude can shred his ass of. i wish i could post some of his playing on here. anyway...anything will help, so thanks.

My advice is go after the set and wait out back, Every band does this, and if they don't they're either "too big for you" or too tired, so don't worry about it man. If it's meant to be, it will be..... Also just remember, Alexi's rockstar attitude is in full swing nowadays.

yeah im going to try what i did in May, but just in case, i may try getting there earlier. but whats this about alexi? does he think he's too good for fans now or something?

Jani Laiho said:
yeah im going to try what i did in May, but just in case, i may try getting there earlier. but whats this about alexi? does he think he's too good for fans now or something?

noo fuckin way I dont think so!

metalhatebreeder said:
noo fuckin way I dont think so!

Put it this way..

I've been able to meet him before AND after CoB "made it" and his attitude has changed so fucking fuck you would not believe.

-Gavin- said:
Put it this way..

I've been able to meet him before AND after CoB "made it" and his attitude has changed so fucking fuck you would not believe.

yep, i remember when i first met him, he was shy as fuck, and sick. THen next time he was a little bolder, and then next time i talked with roope the whole time. last time i saw him he was kinda passing people off, not really talking to him, just kinda mingling.

when i saw the band about a year ago alexi already had the rockstar shit going on. when they left the place where the concert was and were getting inside the van, they barely looked at us (hanging around the back door) and didnt talk to us at all...

i've never even bothered with meeting them and now that they're bigger i don't think i'm going to even try. especially if alexi really is a jerk now.

hearing what bobvex said, thats pretty fucked up. but i would believe it. ive heard a lot of stories about him being shy. the 2 times i met him i couldnt tell if he was shy, or just didnt give a shit. he's always been pretty....short, with me. if that makes sense. mainly his responses are, "yeah". "cool". he'll talk like he is either, sleepy, doesnt give a fuck, or shy.

^ That sucks . . . Alexi should be nicer to his fans . . . he even said that he didn't think of himself to be a big rock star guy if I'm not mistaken . . . Oh well . . . . :loco:

Hey, Im gonna go to my first Bodom concert in December, it would be cool to meet Alexi, etc., but I REALLY want to meet Jaska. I really look up to him in terms of a drummer...so i was wondering if anyone met up with him, and whens a good time to talk to Jaska...(I know a couple of kids went to McDonalds with him)

At The Gates said:
Hey, Im gonna go to my first Bodom concert in December, it would be cool to meet Alexi, etc., but I REALLY want to meet Jaska. I really look up to him in terms of a drummer...so i was wondering if anyone met up with him, and whens a good time to talk to Jaska...(I know a couple of kids went to McDonalds with him)

i will tell you this man, honestly, Jaska is the nicest member of the band. he is the coolest guy you will ever meet. where some "rock stars" just pose for a picture or give a little smile or something, this dude grabbed me and pulled me closer to him when we took a picture. he is really cool with fans about doing stuff like that. and yeah, he went to mcdonalds with some people on here too. so definitely, Jaska is the coolest of the band. and its not so much that alexi is..an ass. he is just..a little weird. i mean, the dude has problems, obviously. trying to kill himself and all that in the past. i guess you gotta catch him on a good day. wehn it comes down to it im sure he realizes that the people on this forum, and around the world, made both him and bodom. you can have all the talent in the fucking universe but without fans, you arent worth shit. i mean im sure there is a guy or girl in.....Iowa that could out shred Alexi but you would never know about them, because they arent famous or anything. so, definitely people like us are more responsible for bands popularity. their talent is only about 25% of it. and im sure alexi and the rest realize that. but if they dont they need a slap into reality, lol. no offense, of course

wat if u hangout in the back by the buses with a 24 pack or something? to tell u the truth i wouldnt mind meeting roope. he jsut seems like a funny guy. i wouldnt mind meeting alexi but roope jsut seems like a cooler guy.

Jani Laiho said:
hearing what bobvex said, thats pretty fucked up. but i would believe it. ive heard a lot of stories about him being shy. the 2 times i met him i couldnt tell if he was shy, or just didnt give a shit. he's always been pretty....short, with me. if that makes sense. mainly his responses are, "yeah". "cool". he'll talk like he is either, sleepy, doesnt give a fuck, or shy.

The ONLY time me and alexi were ever talking just like normal people was when i was in the bus and we were singing along to "Straight outta compton" and ringing the hotel bell he stole.

yeah. guess he used to be shy. an example: Look at the beginning of Passage to the reaper and Reap n roll.. and youll see the difference... But yeah, I would love to meet the band.. especially roope and alexi..