• brutal death metal

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • melodic death metal

Votes: 41 67.2%

• Total voters

ohiogrinder

New Metal Member
Mar 15, 2006
which one do you like better? I say brutal death cause nowadays melo-death (old school melo-death still owns, though) is one step away from being pop music, which is a sorry sight.

I'm gonna have to say Brutal Death even though I find 99% of it boring due to the overused blastbeats, poor muddish production and vocal style. The odd band will surface, but I don't care for anything that's typically brutal death. Of course, thats not including bands like Nile and such which I don't really consider brutal death, otherwise I'd take Nile over every melodic death band.

I'm not really fond of melodic music unless its keyboard-melodic...but for the most part I can't stand melodic death metal, especially if its slow dragging guitar melodies - there's just something about it that makes me sick to my stomach. And then, to me it seems like every melodic death metal album re-hashes the same exact riffs.

Brutal death, unquestionably.

Both are rife with clones and knock-offs, and there's certainly a LOT of shit between the two. Part of it comes down to the fact that I can still enjoy the most derivative brutal death. Unoriginal melodic death metal, for the most part, is downright intolerable to me though.

Oh how can melo-death possibly be winning? It's pretty much the closest to pop-music garbage. Not only that but tonnes of emo fags listen to it (the fact that many of the bands have angsty lyrics doesnt help either). Brutal death all the way! :headbang:

brutal death metal isn't even remotely listenable most of the time

I can handle most melo DM (although its mediocre), most brutal death metal = horrible pig grunts and morons who have no idea how to play their instruments.

I'm not into either subgenre much but there are a few brutal death bands I'm into like Suffocation, Mortician(I think they are), and Dying Fetus compared to no Melodic Death, so Brutal Death.