melo-death vs. brutal death

what is your favorite?

• brutal death metal

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • melodic death metal

Votes: 41 67.2%

• Total voters
thats the attitude most people have about grindcore. keep it up.:Smug:

uh, I listen to grindcore like nasum and napalm death and even some brutal death like nile, suffo and deeds of flesh

the problem is that for every good brutal DM band, there seems to be a 1000 worthless clones with nothing to offer.

brutal death metal isn't even remotely listenable most of the time

I can handle most melo DM (although its mediocre), most brutal death metal = horrible pig grunts and morons who have no idea how to play their instruments.

HEY HEY HEY!! WATCH YOUR TONE LITTLE MAN!!! While brutal death may seem like a carbon copy of the previous one. Its far more technical and complicated than a bunch of pig grunting morons who have no idea how to play their instruments. Just take some more time with it and you will understand.

brutal death has not once impressed me. I'll stick with Death or Black when I want something hard or evil sounding, rather than this tryhard wannabe evil 'who can make the most "shocking to an old woman christian" lyrics' gore obsessed bullshit. Brutal Death may be a great soundtrack to your bedroom tantrum where being constantly thumping and loud is the goal, but it's barely music.

of course there are shit melo-death bands, but fuck the genre has a shitload more promise than that angry immature wackoff they called "brutal"

Brutal Death sucks. Some Melodic Death is actually good, so the choice is obvious.

I agree. Some melodic death metal is very sinister aggressive eerie and sinister which is what I personally like.

brutal death metal does nothing for me at all.

. Brutal Death may be a great soundtrack to your bedroom tantrum where being constantly thumping and loud is the goal, but it's barely music.

of course there are shit melo-death bands, but fuck the genre has a shitload more promise than that angry immature wackoff they called "brutal"

you just insulted grindcore as well. thanks, asshole!

I agree. Some melodic death metal is very sinister aggressive eerie and sinister which is what I personally like.

brutal death metal does nothing for me at all.

not all melodic death is bad, but there are a crapload more useless "melo-death" bands than brutal death bands. really bad 5th rate At The Gates rip-offs really piss me off.

Whats with melo-death being brought up so much lately.

like someone said before they deleted their post... it's may, just that time of year.

MAYlodeath 2007
dry.gif

I prefer DEATHcember when I celebrate the anniversary of when I possessed a newborn and I mosh with my Capricorn devil horns on
nosweat.gif

If only I could get payed for saying lame things, like a black guy with a sitcom

Yeah damn there's been a lot of threads about melodic death lately. I personally find it more intense and much more affecting than brutal death. Anyone dissing melodic death for being commercial or sell-out or pop is an idiot, that's like saying punk is crap because of Blink 182 or black metal is bad because of Cradle of Filth.

Yeah damn there's been a lot of threads about melodic death lately. I personally find it more intense and much more affecting than brutal death. Anyone dissing melodic death for being commercial or sell-out or pop is an idiot, that's like saying punk is crap because of Blink 182 or black metal is bad because of Cradle of Filth.

yeah but even "non-trendy" melo-death bands have gone that route. look what happened to In Flames.

If you're actually asking for a recommendation, I'm happy to oblige, but I'm not going to argue with you over something that is clearly a matter of personal taste. If you don't like melodic death, then you don't like it, I'm not here to change your mind.