Hatecrew Death Roll vs Are You Dead Yet, Blooddrunk and Relentless Reckless Forever

Pick one

• Hatecrew Death Roll

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • New stuff

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters
Roundtrip To Hell And Back and Shovel Knockout are the best on this record. Ugly is not bad, too. But CoB are still CoB, like, when you hear their song, you can tell that it's theirs. It's not like Morbid Angel with Illud Divinum Insanious, right? Cuz those dudes have only 1 good song on the record- Nevermore. The other suxxxxxx (Radicult for example)

RRF is bad in an other way; it's just so boring you never feel like listening to it, whereas IDI is so fucking horrible I laughed and cried at the same time when listening to it. Nevermore and Exito Vulgore are decent, but still only average when compared to earlier albums and that's about it. Still, the entertainment value for IDI is greater for the good laughs, RRF just went in one ear and out the other.

RRF just went in one ear and out the other.

It's sort of the least you could expect from Bodom. There are those certain good ideas which are a pleasure to listen to, but other than that it offers nothing. It's a good album compared to the average metal albums out there, but aren't they supposed to make the best music out there? It depends what their goal is. Where's the vast creativity and depth that makes you rhyme the songs afterwards? All the atmosphere on this album is the very beginning of NMF (and the intro thanks to Jannes keyboard work), the SKO melody and the RtHaB keyboard melodies. Nothing else on the album makes me visualize anything. Then there's one catchy idea for each song but otherwise they suffer to exist.

They keep talking about all the hard work: for sure they needed hard work and a producer to forge something good out of the material that was at hand when it wasn't flowing straight out the heart. The hard work was what provided the tracks sound groovy enough to be put on the record. The producer didn't have much input on the composions, so his intention was to make it marketable: with American sound, and making sure everyone's awake. This shit ain't up to Bodom standards, there's like 3 songs out of 9 worth of Bodom all material put together.

The COB guys can come up here and bash me for this, but it's my honest opinions and I truly believe they could be more epic by listening to my opinions, which is to stop doing the thrash shit, take back the theme of the old days and make atmospheric metal again; it doesn't mean they can't sound heavy anymore or that they have to do exactly neo-classical melodies, it's not like the fans of old Bodom are Mozart and folkmetal hippies.

And what comes to all the creativity vs technicality... "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - A. Einstein.

Can't they actually understand that ALL of the fans miss the old COB???

If you don't count the 90% of their listeners - those who think RRF and Blooddrunk are the best albums ever (picture below), you're right.

kvlt4id.jpg

(__Joonas__)has a valid point i hope they choose the neo-baroque neo-renaissance next

Well my point is it doesn't matter what neo- it is, and I have lack of faith believing in basing the music to a certain something. Just make it good and feelingful. Alexi's love for thrash must be enormous since it's eclipsed the mythology of COB, that's all I can say. I'm actually starting to believe Hatebreeder & Follow the Reaper are just exceptions and not "the real Bodom." Like Talking of the Trees and Homecoming or whatever they are are exceptions among Inearthed.

Just make it good and feelingful?
Well my point is it doesn't matter?
Where's the vast creativity and depth that makes you rhyme the songs afterwards?
it is the lyrics u rhyme
don't blame the music for the lyrics

Just make it good and feelingful?
Well my point is it doesn't matter?

Neo-classical isn't the secret of the green and blue album, that's my point. It's not that easily explained.

It's almost frightening how Alexi and the band says they could make that old shit again easily. Biggest joke ever. I'm sure they mean "we could play neo-classical melodies still." Acting stupid. Listen to Warheart and SNBN back to back, that's melodic death metal, try doing something similar again.

It just wouldn't work cos they're musically different now, sound is different, vocals are different, their perception of music is different.

It's just angering how someone throws such master concept of art to the garbage can and replaces it with shitty thrash influences and retarded themes. Instead of the mythology of Lake Bodom we get hangovers, stupid chicks and stupid behaviour for theme. I really liked that thing they had going on with the cover arts, themes and musical vibe and it had sooo much potential. But not everyone is massively creative, it's all in my head I suppose, and a different point of view of course. We've seen it with several franchises how two masterpieces or sometimes just one can carry on the franchise for 5-8 more releases even though they're not really the same anymore. Like Silent Hill videogames, or the Crow movies.

Like Silent Hill videogames
SHITTY EXAMPLE! At least they can be categorized as survival horror these days unlike Resident Evil which has gone through even bigger changes. In other words, if they would've had all new characters in RE5, you couldn't even tell if it is a Resident Evil or Army of Two with bio-organic weapons. And yes, this was my only contribution to this thread, please continue.

SHITTY EXAMPLE!

Silent Hill 2 & 3 (and 1 for PS1) were the emotional, atmospheric masterpieces done by the original team, everything that came after was not made by the original Japanese team so it's been more or less just business after that, it carries with good sales because everyone still gets goosebumps from the title Silent Hill because they remember the original masterpieces. (Same thing happened with Children Of Bodom more or less.) Yes they didn't become shoot'em'up's like Resident Evil, but don't call it a shitty example, they were the greatest videogames I ever played, you can't even call them videogames, they're experiences. Everything that came after was an American fan crew trying to make an adaptation, and they COMPLETELY MISS THE WHOLE THING... psychological horror became survival horror. It's the eery atmosphere and touching elements (true feeling of loneliness) of the games that was the thing, horror only came third in my mind. The art of mind, music, story, emotion can never be made just like that; it needs deep insight and heart put to it to understand what really affects the human emotions and what lies in the depths of subconsciousness. You could RELATE to the protagonists and their emotions. The new protagonists are just some random testosterone dudes shat out of a void of creativity from some useless CG's ass. I don't almost even remember the names of the protagonists on the games that followed, they were simply wrong. They think the newer games can compete with the masterpieces because they have a lil' better graphics. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't give a rat's shit about graphics, you have thousands of movies and games with good graphics, but guess what, difference is you remember NOTHING about that later on - then when you have an emotional experience, you remember the experience for the rest of your life, it never leaves you. That's why they became CULT, like Silent Hill, Crow, and what used to be Children Of Bodom. I'm not angry at you, this is just something I get very heated up about, because they throw away the greatest experiences of our lives by giving them to the hands of creativity-less people.

Silent Hill 2 & 3 (and 1 for PS1) were the emotional, atmospheric masterpieces done by the original team, everything that came after was not made by the original Japanese team so it's been more or less just business after that, it carries with good sales because everyone still gets goosebumps from the title Silent Hill because they remember the original masterpieces. (Same thing happened with Children Of Bodom more or less.) Yes they didn't become shoot'em'up's like Resident Evil, but don't call it a shitty example, they were the greatest videogames I ever played, you can't even call them videogames, they're experiences. Everything that came after was an American fan crew trying to make an adaptation, and they COMPLETELY MISS THE WHOLE THING... psychological horror became survival horror. It's the eery atmosphere and touching elements (true feeling of loneliness) of the games that was the thing, horror only came third in my mind. The art of mind, music, story, emotion can never be made just like that; it needs deep insight and heart put to it to understand what really affects the human emotions and what lies in the depths of subconsciousness. You could RELATE to the protagonists and their emotions. The new protagonists are just some random testosterone dudes shat out of a void of creativity from some useless CG's ass. I don't almost even remember the names of the protagonists on the games that followed, they were simply wrong. They think the newer games can compete with the masterpieces because they have a lil' better graphics. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't give a rat's shit about graphics, you have thousands of movies and games with good graphics, but guess what, difference is you remember NOTHING about that later on - then when you have an emotional experience, you remember the experience for the rest of your life, it never leaves you. That's why they became CULT, like Silent Hill, Crow, and what used to be Children Of Bodom. I'm not angry at you, this is just something I get very heated up about, because they throw away the greatest experiences of our lives by giving them to the hands of creativity-less people.

Well I wasn't completely serious when I said that SH is a shitty example, I just compared it to Resident Evil. But you're right and I completely agree with you with this emotion stuff. For me everything else comes before visuals in video games and I really hate people who just basically label book by its and say shit like "LOLOLOL SILENT HILL 1 SUXOR NO 1080P!!". I personally love Silent Hills 1-3 but I have no experiences in post-SH3 Silent Hills so I can't basically say anything negative about them. But when it comes Resident Evils (which is my favourite video game franchise of all time), I feel nearly pure hate towards Capcom for making it a series of über-casual fast-paced third person shooters instead of survival horror. In fact I cannot complain that much because I actually enjoy playing RE5 with a friend, but still the series could be hell of a lot more these days if they had stayed with the good old survival horror.