Mercy Falls Limited Edition

AndreasBlomqvist

Mr. Bassman
Apr 19, 2008
www.seventhwonder.nu
Hi!

Lion Music will release a very limited edition of Mercy Falls.
The first 1000 copies will have an alternative cover as well as a bonus DVD with some exclusive material from the private archives of the band.

It will contain video footage from the recording sessions as well as interviews with all band members about the new album.
Private photos from the entire recording process will also be included.

The release date is still set to be September 12th for both versions.

I believe the bonus material is quite fun to watch as it shows a very personal side of the band and something which cannot be found elsewhere.

Hope you're gonna like it!

/Andreas

Bah and I already pre-ordered it from CD Inzane. Well alls I can do is hope... Or cancel the order and go to a posted alternative site for the limited edition. :D

Hmmm.. that's a good question...

I'm really not sure. This is when it starts to get so far away from us that we have no real control anymore but I'll check with the label and see if they'll market them as two different products or if it simply is that the first 1000 will be the ltd edition.

Let me get back to you as soon as I know more!

Ok!

I just received word from Lion Music. There will be two separate releases, released simultaneously. That is, you will have to make sure you get the one you want.

There will be a slightly higher price on the limited edition version but to my understanding it's only a difference of about €1 or something.

So, if you have pre-ordered you should perhaps check with the store to see which version you registered for.

Thanks for the Ltd Edt. info Andreas. A quick question though...where would be the best place to order the album from? Is there a preferred vendor or should we just order it from wherever we can find it?

Thank you for asking!

There is, however, no real difference for the band as long as it is not donwloaded. ;-)

I've heard some rumors that there are sites from South America and Russia where they sell albums after simply just copying them, but those weird sites aside I'm sure your usual places for purchase are perfectly fine.

Like Lion Music, The Laser's Edge, CDON, Amazon, Ginza or similar.

Hey Andreas,

the 12th of september is finally coming....

I do have some questions:
1. Is there a place where we can have a look at the covers of BOTH versions? - It's nice that there is an alternative cover but maybe the original cover is more to my liking.
2. I think i know the answer to this one since you didn't mention it in your post above BUT does the limited edition have (a) bonussong(s)?

All in all i'm just pretty psyched that your 'baby' is finally getting released!!
I'm pretty sure you guys are very curious and anxious to know what this album is gonna achieve - sales, reviews, tours, fans.....
I really hope this one will make SW big, very big!!!

Greetz, Jamesfan

Coming?!?! It's a month away still!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! *runs around rampantly* Ok ok I think I'm good now... *sips coffee*

Anyho, so I just wrote to CD Inzane asking to upgrade the order to the limited edition... If they fail at it, least you guys will know where not to order from. :D

Coffee anyone?

Hey guys!

Unfortunately the cover hasn't been made public yet. I can't go ahead and post it hear either before the label has approved and before the promotional copies have been sent out.

I will definitely post the cover here as soon as I can though -guaranteed.

I can also comfort y'all by saying, without giving too much away, that the limited edition version will have both covers...

Regarding bonus tracks:
-Well we talked about it but we felt that this being a concept album with every song written specifically for each part of the story, with feels and nuances calibrated to achieve exactly what we wanted -a bonus song would ruin it.
I mean either it would be a song that has nothing to do with the story or it would be an integral part of the story that would only be available to 1000 people... Hope you can appreciate that.

Also, this being as much music as it is there would have been a risk of lowered quality if we were to squeeze in an extra song without giving it the proper attention so to speak.
I felt that this video-thing was the best compromise.

It's not super-duper-quality and edited from here to the end of the world, but simply a rather honest view, like a fly on the wall if you will, while we made this happen.

And yes -we are very psyched to hear what people say!

I can only say this right now -I do not expect anyone to fully appreciate this album right away. I'm quite sure there will be tracks that you will love right away, but to grasp the bigger picture and find all the little extra things like musical themes and variations and lyrical concepts will probably take some listenings... But that's what we wanted to do this time. I've been wanting to do a concept album ever since I hear Seventh Son of a Seventh son, albeit as a concept album it leaves much to be desired (seventh son..., that is)...
This might of course lead to that initial reviews are not as high as the album would deserve, as reviewers hardly ever will listen to it sufficiently, but hey -for those who will allow it to settle in I truly and honestly believe that we have created something that will outlast most albums. At least that is my greatest hope and wish right now, and is certainly the way we all feel about it!

Thanks Andreas, for your quick response.

I can also comfort y'all by saying, without giving too much away, that the limited edition version will have both covers...

That is awesome........nice gester indeed!!

-Well we talked about it but we felt that this being a concept album with every song written specifically for each part of the story, with feels and nuances calibrated to achieve exactly what we wanted -a bonus song would ruin it.
I mean either it would be a song that has nothing to do with the story or it would be an integral part of the story that would only be available to 1000 people... Hope you can appreciate that.

Absolutely. I knew that you wouldn't put in on the 'normal' cd since it would have nothing to do with the story.........i thought maybe you would put in on the extra cd, that's all. DON'T GET ME WRONG, 70 minutes of new SW-material is beyond my wildest dreams.........It must be one hell of a story!!

I can only say this right now -I do not expect anyone to fully appreciate this album right away..............This might of course lead to that initial reviews are not as high as the album would deserve, as reviewers hardly ever will listen to it sufficiently

That would indeed really be a shame. They SHOULD take the time to give this a decent listen - this is PROGmetal, you know!!

but hey -for those who will allow it to settle in I truly and honestly believe that we have created something that will outlast most albums

This, i know, will definately be the case..........and you know how it is with these kind of albums - they become classics and will stand the test of time for sure!

Greetz!

You can pre-order it from Lion Music directly, as far as I know. They sell themselves. I've ordered to them many times and they're OK.
As for the reviews...
Be sure I'll do my best to review it correctly, Andreas. I sometimes play the records 10 times before reviewing them... if I can and if it is needed. Sometimes, my deadline is coming after the offical CD is released and, as I've bought it, I can comment all the details... but if it's only a promo CD, I can't, of course.
Of course if Lion Music sends me a promo CD, I won't have the lyrics... but I'm eager to listen to it and I'll surely give it all my attention.
Cheers - Marc

I tried the site of the "lion music" and not met the pre order the normal version or the special version of the limited falls mercy:cry:

Maybe you could e-mail them and ask.
Lasse Mattsson does everything almost by himself... it is pretty much a labour of love, but he finds the time to answer the e-mails.
Marc

I know that the different versions have received their own individual CD-number now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a week more or so for the online stores to get this new updated info.

I'm quite sure you will be able to pre-order from several different places. But if you can't do so within a week, you can always either contact the store or Lion Music directly and ask how you should proceed.

Thanks!

I already got a response from Lasse Mattsson and il share it with you guys so he doesn't get tons of the same emails ha; I asked him when they would start taking orders for Mercy Falls both limited and regular edition:

"I believe that would be in 2-3 weeks from now. They have not yet been manufactured."