Metal 2014

a2636147022_10.jpg

New thrash band, I enjoyed a couple songs from it. One complaint might be not enough variety, but there are some solid riffs in there. I like the boldness of just having a plain album cover. Singer sounds like the singer from lazarus a.d. sometimes, other times it's like he's doing a mustaine impression, but when he sounds like he's trying to be a thrashcore singer (tracks 3,4) I can't really get into it. Tracks 1 and 2 are decent mid-paced thrash though.

They're not on the Metal Archives yet? that's odd.

Sounds like shit to me.

I don't hear much of their old stuff at all - this is much more straight forward metal/rock, with the chorus and the (great) but not over-complicated riffs, and even Dailor's drumming is not as frenetic as it usually is.

Not saying that's a bad thing (I've listened to the song a few more times and it's grown on me a lot), but it definitely sounds more The Hunter-ish to me.

That new Mastodon track was boring as fuck, maybe the rest of the album will be more interesting. Very watered down indeed.

That song was pretty good not great but good. I'll definitely check out the rest of the album when it comes out.

I'll wait to here the rest of the album before I judge. That song wasn't that great but who knows.

Metallica playing some Dio:

It gets better as it goes on. The Kill the King part is probably the best thing Metallica has released since Garage Inc.

Last edited by a moderator: