Metal 2016

New Exmortus is just plain awful. So uninspired and unimaginative. Weak riffs and way over produced. Early reviews have been negative and rightfully so.

@Master_Yoda77 I did read somewhere that Silenius confirmed a new album for 2016 but I can't find confirmation now. The news feed on their website seems to be down or something.

So again my instincts regarding a band have been confirmed without even hearing them, that Exmortus just looks atrocious and it makes me wonder about the taste of some people in general. I'd be very wary about taking recs from a lot of people on here.

So again my instincts regarding a band have been confirmed without even hearing them, that Exmortus just looks atrocious and it makes me wonder about the taste of some people in general. I'd be very wary about taking recs from a lot of people on here.

I'll admit the new Exmortus is probably their worst. But that doesn't mean everything regarding the band is bad. To judge them based on some reviews without even hearing them though is ignorant. Slave to the Sword and In Hatred's Flame are great albums. There are still some quality moments on Ride Forth also.

If you judge solely on reviews (way to let other people decide what you like?), then In Hatred's Flame has an average of 85% on Metallum. 90% for the EP.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
So I checked out Exmortus and I can safely write them off and strike them from my attention. Especially that Slave To The Sword album. What a sterile, overproduced pile of shit. Ride Forth sounded as if they're trying to make a genre shift or something and it's just awkward.

I remember not minding In Hatred's Flame when it first came out, not enough to buy it but it was okay.

Mediocre shite in a cool wrapper.

it's not something i'll ever argue about for more than 10 seconds but i think the new exmortus might be their most listenable so far tbh. the best thing this band can do is stop pretending to be a weak thrash band and move into full-on neoclassical sugar, which is what they appear to be doing. the candy-coated production suits this shit better than it could ever suit thrash.

I'm going with

Slave to the Sword >= In Hatred's Flame > Beyond the Fall of Time > Ride Forth.

But Ride Forth is still better than a lot of thrash of the past couple years. They're solid musicians.

Id go In Hatred's Flame >>>>>>>>> Beyond the Fall of Time = Slave to the Sword

While i heavily favor their debut, all three albums are great. One of the best "modern" thrash bands around, without a doubt. Haven't heard their new one. I had mixed feelings of the route they were taking with their last album.

Reactions: Baroque

That is the most retarded thing i have ever heard in my life. I'd honestly be very wary to take anything you say on here seriously again after saying something so ridiculous and nonsensical. I dont want to sound like an asshole cuz i kind of of think you're cool, but saying something like that makes you look like nothing more than a fake ass posing wanker. Pretty fucking embarrassing if you ask me.

There's nothing wrong with not liking music for being overproduced, but to write of a band you've never listened to once(we are talking about music after all, right?) as "atrocious" just because of how their albums "look"(as is quoted n my post) is not comprehensible to me. And i think you've said something like this before about another band and i just had to smh.

There's been plenty of bands I've written off over the years just from looking at their pics in mags or cover art or whatever, I find a lot of the time you can judge a book(album/band) by its cover, saved me a few dollars over the years.