Metal 2016

Blah blah semantics, talking about Slayer and Skeletonwitch album art is relevant to this thread how?

Edit: from page 13 onward, very few on topic posts so if this is a thread for discussion on metal releases of 2016, it isn't accomplishing that either.

Reactions: nizzon
Can't wait for the new Obscura, sort of looking forward to the new Megadeth.

The new Exmortus has already delivered the goods this year, no complaints there.

Bring on the reset of 2016...

5K3vaA.jpg

Droids Attack

Just found out that gothic/dark/melodic band Novembre from Italy will be putting out a new album after 9 years of inaction. Great news and definitely the album I'll be anticipating most this year (at this stage).

That new Obscura song is rather weird. Maybe it'll grow on me. The only thing that bothers me about their new album is that I'm rather against putting out almost 3/4 of the album on youtube 2 weeks before the actual release date. I don't understand such acting.

In case you didn't hear it yet:

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Surely you have self-control? Just because it's on youtube that doesn't mean you have to go ahead and listen to it. Unless you're saying you wish the whole thing was uploaded so you can.

When I see they upload new song from the new album it always beckons me to listen. I'm just saying they should put out like 2 songs before the album release and stop. I just don't see the point in doing this. Lamb of God did the same thing with their latest album and there were literally like 3 songs left to listen after the album got released. Because 7 others were already posted on youtube.

.... you forgot about JPT. ;) But yeah, the way that they've still managed to nail down that "Obscura sound" without most of the original band is indeed amazing. Especially when considering how important each of those guys were to that signature sound.