Metal 2016

Go listen to it. This album is easily an 8/10 and probably the best thing since the classic era (although I really like TSHF as I've stated numerous times before).

I've heard the same thing from a lot of people. Also Kiko Loureiro is beast on guitar so I'm sure that helps too haha.

Edit: Wow only 2 tracks in and jesus christ this shit is good.

Last edited:
New Borknagar is very, very nice. Kristoffer still has a great voice - very soothing and listenable. I don't know why he doesn't use it more. The new Ulver has precisely one good song which just happens to be the one with vocals (his).

Coming Friday

Absolutely thundering doom/sludge/stoner shit. No weed, no Louisiana. Big meaty heaviness and that's it.

Wicked, weird death metal. If you like Demilich, Timeghoul, or Cosmic Attrophy you should at least hear this IMO.

First official album for these local guys since they signed to Metal Blade. Seen these guys a bunch of times. Got fucking hammered with them several times. Retro fauxcult stuff. Go ahead and hate on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Draehl and Sirjack
l hear Conan gets a lot of hate but for my money they're heavy goodness, Chthe'ilist lm not too bothered about - nice intro but kinda lost me after that, but yeah, Brimstone Coven are ace :

It's going to be their best album since Endgame, or even fucking Youthanasia.

I love 'Youthanasia'. My favourite Megadeth album. Back in the 90s my Youthanasia shirt was my pride and joy.

I'm listening to a couple of tracks from 'Dystopia' now on youtube. This sounds pretty good I guess but I'm really not sure it's what I'm looking for at this stage. I can't see myself going back to it with repeated spins. I haven't bought a Megadeth album since 'The System Has Failed'. And that concludes the recent history of my taste for Megadeth.