Metal 2016

This is our new single "Optimist" from our upcoming full length album, entitled "Rebirth". We hope you love it.

New Yngwie has delectably brilliant guitar work as always. He did vocals again though, and they still blow minced syphilitic goat dick through a colostomy bag. Darkthrone had better not fuck up the new album they're working on at the moment, or I'm going to convert to Islam, get an airline ticket to Scandanavia, and partake in the ongoing rape of Norway.

You'll be a Muslim in that case, because your compass for goodness when it comes to Darkthrone is more retarded than Venezuela's government.

Not liking subpar retro metal retards my perspective on Darkthrone. M'kay then. If I'm that misguided about Darkthrone, then you're the bastard love child of Stevie Wonder after being pepper sprayed and Mr. Magoo with terminal glaucoma and a missing frontal lobe.

Everybody with awesome taste in metal disagrees with your retarded views, this is one of the few times I will side with some kind of popular opinion.

Also, I still challenge you to produce a retro metal band that sounds anything like Darkthrone.

My views are retarded because everyone who you feel has good taste in metal disagrees with them? Cute, but try again, this time without the argumentum ad populum fallacy. And for the 8 trillionth time the point isn't that Darkthrone is ripping off some particular retro metal band. It's that Darkthrone have rendered themselves superfluous and gratuitous by adding on to retro metal, but doing a far crappier job than the insane number of bands who are doing a great job with it like, say, Striker or Bullet.

Listen to that riff, it couldn't be more hopelessly cliché if Fenriz attached a sign that said "I BLEW ERIC ADAMS OF MANOWAR TO GET THE RIGHTS TO THIS!" to it. His constant references to Venom and Manilla Road in the song betray exactly who he's ripping off as well.

Striker and Bullet are specifically playing heavy metal kinds of music, how are they even comparable to a band like Darkthrone who are mixing ALL 80's metal into a sound?

This is my biggest issue with your opinion on this, nothing you say makes any sense at all. You just have this weird bug up your old ass about Darkthrone yet you can't manage to spew out anything that justifies it in any rational way. Calling Darkthrone a band on the retro trend wagon is factually moronic, because they don't have any similarities with any of the bands that are actually on that wagon, they mix ALL 80's styles of metal and some punk in with their black metal rooted sound.

It's actually quite original, even though it's obviously not trying to do anything new.

Also, it's hilarious that your old dumb plastic keyboard-black metal loving ass talks about ripping bands off, right after you praise totally unoriginal throwback bands like Bullet and Striker.

You're a joke, a bad one.

They're comparable in that they're both drawing on 80's metal in one way or another. I praised Bullet and Striker, yes, but not for their originality, merely for recreating the sounds they desired in a truly high quality way. Not to mention having that as their honest intent all along. My real qualms aren't that Fenriz is ripping bands off, I couldn't really give a rat's ass about that in and of itself. The issue is with how poorly he's doing it, and the fact that he continues to do so at the same qualitatively bereft level despite so many other bands doing an infinitely better job recreating the various sounds of 80's metal. The bandwagon part for me comes in from how sudden the alteration was. F.O.A.D. came our of nowhere with the retro metal shit, it's not like they built it up like they did their punk influences.

Fuck Off And Die comes quite naturally from The Cult Is Alive actually, in my opinion. So again, more drivel.

Speaking of conspiracy theories is HP actually suggesting that Fenriz hid his intentions to take his band in a much more 80's direction? This is beyond retarded now.

In your opinion. Your opinion does not change the fact that this wasn't a sound that was organically and candidly built on that well, at all.

No, I'm not suggesting he hid them in some grand master scheme, I'm suggesting he didn't come around to such a sound through any organic musical progression, he dropped F.O.A.D. with all this substandard retro metal bullshit and decided to become a crap homage to bands he loves.

It started before that album with tracks like this.

How is it retro metal though? You haven't actually explained shit. There are plenty of metal bands that play narrow-minded, stuck-in-the-80's metal like Deathhammer, Old or Omega, yet it's only Darkthrone that is given this special status of derivative retro metal.