Metal 2016

I think 'retro metal' is a stupid fucking word that should only be used to describe bands singing about VHS tapes. You're a gay pessimist if you think any music following a great, long-lived style is somehow posing because they weren't formed when the genre was.

Reactions: CiG and The Ozzman
Only heard dark thrones and black flags of their newer style. It was just ok. What's their best release of the current shit they're doing?

Probably F.O.A.D and The Underground Resistance. The latter is less like Dark Thrones and Black Flags, so I'd say start there.

Reactions: CiG
Anyone know if this is any good?

570638.jpg

Eximperituserqethhzebibšiptugakkathšulweliarzaxułum - Prajecyrujučy sinhuliarnaje wypramieńwańnie Daktryny Absaliutnaha j Usiopahłynaĺnaha Zła skroź šaścihrannuju pryzmu Sîn-Ahhī-Erība na hipierpawierchniu zadyjakaĺnaha kaŭčęha zasnawaĺnikaŭ kosmatęchničnaha ordęna palieakantakta, najstaražytnyja ipastasi dawosiewych cywilizacyj prywodziać u ruch ręzanansny transfarmatar časowapadobnaj biaskoncaści budučyni u ćwiardyniach absierwatoryi Nwn-Hu-Kek-Amon, uwasabliajučy ŭ ęfirnuju matęryju prach Ałulima na zachad ad ękzapłaniety PSRB 1620-26b

Anyone know if this is any good?

570638.jpg

Eximperituserqethhzebibšiptugakkathšulweliarzaxułum - Prajecyrujučy sinhuliarnaje wypramieńwańnie Daktryny Absaliutnaha j Usiopahłynaĺnaha Zła skroź šaścihrannuju pryzmu Sîn-Ahhī-Erība na hipierpawierchniu zadyjakaĺnaha kaŭčęha zasnawaĺnikaŭ kosmatęchničnaha ordęna palieakantakta, najstaražytnyja ipastasi dawosiewych cywilizacyj prywodziać u ruch ręzanansny transfarmatar časowapadobnaj biaskoncaści budučyni u ćwiardyniach absierwatoryi Nwn-Hu-Kek-Amon, uwasabliajučy ŭ ęfirnuju matęryju prach Ałulima na zachad ad ękzapłaniety PSRB 1620-26b

Screams pure gimmick trying to do what that goregrind band did years ago.

Jusy fyi Darkthrone was formed in the mid 80's..
As a Swedish-style death metal outfit in '86, so they were barely apart of the old school 80's metal scene at large. They only began releasing material in '88 with their demo tapes and didn't release their first full album until '91.

Last edited:
Just finished listening to All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us by Architects, what does anyone else think? I've been listening to Architects since the Hollow Crown days... they originated right round the corner where I lived from my parents so it was surreal to bump into them on the train and in Sainsbury's from time to time considering their one of my all time favourites.

I love the album, but I still don't think AOGHAU tops Hollow Crown. The album creates a bleak atmosphere with it's lyrics but the ambience it produces is excellent. Whilst I appreciate that this is their 4th album since HC and the band has progressed hugely... I just miss the technical days.

As a Swedish-style death metal outfit in '86, so they were barely apart of the old school 80's metal scene at large. They only began releasing material in '88 with their demo tapes and didn't release their first full album until '91.

Swedish-style? I seem to remember Land Of Frost as being anything other than that.

Reactions: Evil Dead