Metal in your town

Attilio II

Jul 6, 2007
Oregon
maybe this is a moderately original, decent post...

so how's the scene where you're from?
what's the dominating genre, and who are the top bands?
and stuff?

I live in Massachusetts which has the best metal scene in the USA, in my oppinion. Lots of metal, hardcore, and metalcore which I know a lot of people don't like but the best metalcore bands (Unearth, Shadows Fall) are from here, Seemless are from here. "Beyond the Embrace" are a pretty good melodic death metal band. Lots of bad bands, though - but that's to be expected.

Converge
Hell Within
Killswitch Engage
Godsmack
All That Remains (They're alright)

A ton of others that I don't really know :

Nobody really, I think I'm the only person into extreme metal in this town, and possibly the whole County too, there is no scene here, I'm almost certain I'm the only person who plays death and black metal here.

Nobody really, I think I'm the only person into extreme metal in this town, and possibly the whole County too, there is no scene here, I'm almost certain I'm the only person who plays death and black metal here.

haha same for me too. I think i'm the only person in my small town that likes black or death metal.

here in Portland & the Pacific Northwest, we're seeing an eruption of BM bands (maybe it's the rain, clouds, and mountains?) and some DM, thrash and grindcore. Ceremonial Castings is pretty happening, they're playing a show with Corpsegrinder's other band, Paths of Possession tomorrow actually, heh

some guys I knew from Salem formed Altar of Thrond (Asspounder) and Leech. they're kind of cool too

unfortunately, the biggest metal bands here kind of suck. the underground has an advantage.

My scene isn't so great, in my town the bands are usually pop-punk and Emo, incredibly gay. But there are some Metal but I only saw that in Baltimore at a club there.

Me and my friend started this Amp Co. thing and we added some bands that are pretty good.

I suggest you listen to the band Ramrod, they were played on our local radio station.

I kinda think I am the only person in my whole state (still in school) that plays Blues. Other than that I play Punk, Metal and Rock.

I live close to Boston in Massachusetts so the main scene is hardcore and metalcore. Also some sweet bands has come from here like Maudlin of the Well.

Here in the Grand Haven, Grand Rapids, Holland and Muskegon Michigan area we mostly have Metal-Core/screamo type bands. I went to high school with the guys from a band called Ivan.

Ivan

I live close to Boston in Massachusetts so the main scene is hardcore and metalcore. Also some sweet bands has come from here like Maudlin of the Well.

And American Hi-Fi, a lot of people hate them and they are talentless but I like them.

Here in the Grand Haven, Grand Rapids, Holland and Muskegon Michigan area we mostly have Metal-Core/screamo type bands. I went to high school with the guys from a band called Ivan.

Ivan

Dunno how but that band reminds me of Finch.

Boston crew here as well. Some good MA bands are Goratory, and Sexcrement.

As for my actual town, a suburb of Boston, we have Powerglove, who cover video game songs, and a super gay melodeath/emo metalcore band called "A Fate Worse Than Death" (aka having to listen to them). They are a bunch of emo jerks from my former high school who seem to have missed the boat on metalcore by about two years.

Boston crew here as well. Some good MA bands are Goratory, and Sexcrement.

As for my actual town, a suburb of Boston, we have Powerglove, who cover video game songs, and a super gay melodeath/emo metalcore band called "A Fate Worse Than Death" (aka having to listen to them). They are a bunch of emo jerks from my former high school who seem to have missed the boat on metalcore by about two years.

I looked for them on Myspace but couldn't find them.

Here are a bunch of bitches from my school

Are they worse than A Fate Worse Than Death?

From Umeå, Sweden we have in selection:

Naglfar
Nocturnal Rites
Mortuus
Shade of Black
Nasheim
Knife in Christ
Embracing
Plector
Lethal
Amsvartner
6th Awakening
Auberon
Bleeding
Taedeat
Electricution
Persuader
Meshuggah (kind of)
Bewitched
Havayoth
Guillotine
Throne of Ahaz
Gotham City
Woods of Infinity
Dead Silent Slumber (kind of)
+ a shitload I'm forgetting

Mostly black/blackish metal I suppose but overall quite varied, and this is in a city of about 75 000 people

As far as I know the Maine metal scene is non-existant. Given the geography (only fjord in North America), one would think there would be some sort of black metal scene, but it's likely I'm the only metalhead within a 30-mile radius.

There could be some metal bands, or hopefully a metal club, at UMaine when I get there in September. If there is no metal club, I may consider the option of starting one up, but coordinating all that could be too much to supplement my potential workload. Would be pretty cool though.

here in Portland & the Pacific Northwest, we're seeing an eruption of BM bands (maybe it's the rain, clouds, and mountains?) and some DM, thrash and grindcore. Ceremonial Castings is pretty happening, they're playing a show with Corpsegrinder's other band, Paths of Possession tomorrow actually, heh

some guys I knew from Salem formed Altar of Thrond (Asspounder) and Leech. they're kind of cool too

unfortunately, the biggest metal bands here kind of suck. the underground has an advantage.
Fellow Oregonians Unite! Agalloch are definitely one of my favorites at the moment.

Given the geography (only fjord in North America), one would think there would be some sort of black metal scene.

lol only fjord?

there's a huge one, perhaps the largest in the US (Columbia River) about 4 miles from my apartment.

and a ton more in BC

fjords are cool btw