Metal in your town

The only trace of metal I've seen in my area would be some girl wearing a Dimmu shirt and some kids wearing Iron Maiden. It sucks that Billy Talent had lived 10 minutes away from me and formed a bad "punk" band. I can't think of any metal bands directly from my city though.

i live in the SF Bay area. Testament is from the bay so it's pretty good around here. Also my friend Nikita plays guitar for Oskorei; their pretty good and are working on their material. pretty local right now. they haven't released a full scale album yet so that's yet to come. Nothing too exciting though

I live in Tucson, Arizona...There used to be a pretty well-known thrash metal band from over here back in the 80s. I don't remember what they were called but I bet Necuratul knows about them.

Are you talking about Flotsam & Jetsam??!

I know there's plenty of metalheads in the Los Angeles area, but as for local bands, the only good ones I can think of are Abyssmal Nocturne and Divinitas.

Is Divinitus full of pretty big mexican guys that sing in spanish? If so, I actually think I saw them play before a Therion show with Wolfenguts/wolfengore (whatever the fuck their name is now).

As for where I live, the only band I can think of is Skies Burn Black - and although I may know the guys in it, the band itself was less than stellar (and had one hell of a shitty name).

I live in Boston, and I think the scene here fucking sucks. It's all hardcore/metalcore, which I hate.

Eh, it's not bad. We're lacking in the death and black metal, but there's some doom & stoner type stuff:

Grief
5ive's Continuum Research Project
Witch
Disappearer
Watchmaker
Isis (before they moved to LA)
Conifer (Maine, close enough)
Ocean (Maine)
Shroud of Bereavement

+ Heavy Metal Breakdown @ O'Brien's pub (last Saturday of the month)

and Boston's Dead (1st Friday of the month)

i live in this town called collingswood its like 5 miles from philly...maybe less but in the towns around here theres not too much diversity, but my favorites are: SHEERON, SUNLESS DAWN, DOOMSDAY MACHINE SCHEMATIC and yea thats it.

Uhm... I live in a danish city sorrounded by forests, so I guess it's black metal?
I think I once saw Darkthrone charge out of the forest at some deer or something.