Metal Music in Atlanta..

Metal 99

Sep 15, 2006
Hey we can pick our Favorite bands from last weekend and years past or complain about a missed note or no bass guitar well i don't understand that one LOL, but point is thanks to the Glenn putting on this every year gives Atlanta the opportunity to "Show Off" That we still love Metal music, somone said we were a Dying Breed at the show i don't really believe that all the way, but it is easier to meet bands nowdays, with PP and websites like Myspace, growing up in Atlanta and through the 80's you couldn't even meet a band cause they were so big, the old Omni sold out shows standing out for tickets all night of course those were the days!. but its so much easier to score tickets now for shows and like i said meet bands..Anyway we are very lucky to get Progpower here in Atlanta so never let it die! As a person that still going to see Porcupine Tree, Trans-Siberian-Orchestra, i feel very lucky to see those bands, and getting to Meet TSO last year was great, and meeting the bands Like Pagan's Mind this year and Redemption was great!!, So we are a big metal Family wheather we always like the same band or not, atleast it not a Radio Friendy festival that they push on us just cause they are played every hour on the radio..Just my thoughts on the past week and the months coming up..:headbang:

Seriously - there's a bunch of good bands here - us, Theocracy, Vainglory, Knightsbane, A Lower Deep from AL, and Hoyt has brought in Icarus Witch, Oblivion Myth, Alexandria, Wiszdom Stone, etc. So you need to get plugged into the scene that's building. Plus some other bands that are a little different - Daath, Blood Promise if they'd ever play out again, Shockplate, Enders Game, etc.

Seriously - there's a bunch of good bands here - us, Theocracy, Vainglory, Knightsbane, A Lower Deep from AL, and Hoyt has brought in Icarus Witch, Oblivion Myth, Alexandria, Wiszdom Stone, etc. So you need to get plugged into the scene that's building. Plus some other bands that are a little different - Daath, Blood Promise if they'd ever play out again, Shockplate, Enders Game, etc.
Hey I know what you mean, i saw Theocracy last year and met matt they were good, i was going to come and see ya'll and hope too soon.. and icarus witch also i have some songs of..but the rest i need to check out, and yeah they are alot of great bands here.and i hope they become successful i know one band that failed miserably so its easy to do..But yeah i cant wait to see Halcyon way ya'll have a good sound going..:headbang:

I enjoy Sybiartic (sp?) from Atlanta-- though I've only seen/heard them once-- hopefully they'll be added to either the upcoming Enslaved or Amon Amarth shows...

I enjoy Sybiartic (sp?) from Atlanta-- though I've only seen/heard them once-- hopefully they'll be added to either the upcoming Enslaved or Amon Amarth shows...

Sybaritic is awesome! I saw them at the Moonspell/Katatonia show last year. They're playing the Suffocation/Immolation date next month. From Exile is at the Enslaved show.

Hey we can pick our Favorite bands from last weekend and years past or complain about a missed note or no bass guitar well i don't understand that one LOL, but point is thanks to the Glenn putting on this every year gives Atlanta the opportunity to "Show Off" That we still love Metal music, somone said we were a Dying Breed at the show i don't really believe that all the way, but it is easier to meet bands nowdays, with PP and websites like Myspace, growing up in Atlanta and through the 80's you couldn't even meet a band cause they were so big, the old Omni sold out shows standing out for tickets all night of course those were the days!. but its so much easier to score tickets now for shows and like i said meet bands..Anyway we are very lucky to get Progpower here in Atlanta so never let it die! As a person that still going to see Porcupine Tree, Trans-Siberian-Orchestra, i feel very lucky to see those bands, and getting to Meet TSO last year was great, and meeting the bands Like Pagan's Mind this year and Redemption was great!!, So we are a big metal Family wheather we always like the same band or not, atleast it not a Radio Friendy festival that they push on us just cause they are played every hour on the radio..Just my thoughts on the past week and the months coming up..:headbang:
I'm one of the locals on this scene, and I must say how grateful and thankful I am that PPUSA cals the ATL home. Hail and thanks!:headbang::worship:

:Smug:

Odin's Court is who I am bringing down in January.

And before that would be Wicked Waltz on Nov 10th.

try to keep up, Jon. :p

I'm glad I saw this post, because I'm having trouble keeping up, as well...I had Wicked Waltz on the calendar as the weekend prior to the 10th :lol:

I guess I'm not used to having to keep track of so many shows that I actually want to see :headbang:

Hoyt and the Pathfinder bands are doing all we can to put Atlanta metal back on the map. I for one am very impressed with the great quality of bands we have. With all the hard work from Hoyt, Patrick and the bands along with the growing support of the fans, hopefully the scene will once again florish and spread out over the southeast. As a friend of mine says 'don't keep us a secret' ;-)

Hoyt and the Pathfinder bands are doing all we can to put Atlanta metal back on the map. I for one am very impressed with the great quality of bands we have. With all the hard work from Hoyt, Patrick and the bands along with the growing support of the fans, hopefully the scene will once again florish and spread out over the southeast. As a friend of mine says 'don't keep us a secret' ;-)

Atlanta already has a fantastic metal scene -- it just doesn't cater towards the progressive/power metal side of the genre. Atlanta metal is already on the map.

Atlanta already has a fantastic metal scene -- it just doesn't cater towards the progressive/power metal side of the genre. Atlanta metal is already on the map.

Hoyt and the Pathfinder bands are doing all we can to put Atlanta PROGRESSIVE/POWER metal back on the map. I for one am very impressed with the great quality of PROGRESSIVE/POWER bands we have. With all the hard work from Hoyt, Patrick and the PROGRESSIVE/POWER bands along with the growing support of the PROGRESSIVE/POWER fans, hopefully the PROGRESSIVE/POWER scene will once again florish and spread out over the southeast. As a friend of mine says 'don't keep us a secret' ;-)