metal...whats next

is there any native american metal or indigenous south american metal out there yet?

roots.jpg

If there was a genre that was kind off like Power Metal but each album really told a story or maybe something like that but a soundtrack to a movie or anime. Something like Avatasia and Rhapsody only more advanced i guess??

I'd be happy with some more "good metal". The ratio at the moment is leaning far to heavily in favour of "bland, uninspired and/or overdone metal".

I'm listening to A Sceptic's Universe by Spiral Architect. The only thing similar to this I've ever heard was Elements by Atheist. It's kind of sad to me that this kind of jazzy/complex metal didn't get as recognized as other types of metal. This is Spiral Architects only album, which was released in 2000, the band was formed in 1993 and haven't released an album since. They're still active, so hopefully a new album will come out soon. Hopefully more bands like this will emerge, because I think this type of music has the most potential of variety, thus everyone--in theory--won't sound like everyone else.