Metalheads

Yeah, I would definitely say I am a metalhead, despite the fact that I have very varied and strange tastes that have evolved as of lately. I listen to as much non-metal as I do metal nowadays, which is by no means a bad thing.

But I was born and raised on Alice Cooper, he's the first music I can remember ever hearing, and I always loved his stuff. That doesn't make me a metal head I know, but it finally kicked in when Skid Row released slave to the grind. From that moment on it was all metal for me. (well, except for the occasional good band in other genres...)

Metal is all that matters.

All other music is just there to flavor metal and be cannibalized by it.

Opeth is the greatest band on Planet Earth.

The progressive/extreme style is the best on Earth.

If that's narrow, then fine, it's what I am and I don't do things just for the sake of saying "I can't be categorized!"

I'd rather be categorized just so I can stop confusing people who don't have a clue how to deal with me.

Not a metalhead..

my tastes are VERY broad, and to say that one genre will carry me home forever is too restrictive. I used to like a lot more metal than I do now, now all I really listen to is Opeth, Morbid Angel's Blessed Are The Sick, Samael, and some Nile. I LIKE metal when I hear it, but it's not usually the stuff I listen to at home.

I'll always have a soft spot for classical and folk..

Metal is all that matters.
Opeth is the greatest band on Planet Earth.
The progressive/extreme style is the best on Earth.

He-HEY JIM!! :devil:

I love when this guy speaks. Ya Opeth nut....love it. :D

Oh yeah.

Errrr... I dunno. To me, a metalhead is just somebody who listens to a lot of metal. I always thought part of being a metalhead was that no look nor lifestyle was attached, no minimum requirement of listening time was present, and no necessity was placed upon exclusivity of listening time directed towards metal.

I have short hair and no band t-shirts, and I'll listen to Camel and The Who later this evening, but I'd still consider myself a metalhead, 'cause I listen to a lot of metal, I know a lot about metal, I read a lot about metal, and I just love it. Period.

Originally posted by HoserHellspawn
Oh yeah.

Errrr... I dunno. To me, a metalhead is just somebody who listens to a lot of metal. I always thought part of being a metalhead was that no look nor lifestyle was attached, no minimum requirement of listening time was present, and no necessity was placed upon exclusivity of listening time directed towards metal.

I have short hair and no band t-shirts, and I'll listen to Camel and The Who later this evening, but I'd still consider myself a metalhead, 'cause I listen to a lot of metal, I know a lot about metal, I read a lot about metal, and I just love it. Period.

I also do not look the part, no band t-shirts, no long hair, no facial hair. I can listen to Emperor and then pop in a Yes album, and I wear my lucky Bears hat everyday. GO BEARS!!!

I came into music through metal. That is the significance of metal to me. I never was a 'metalhead' - I never cared to explore all the history of this genre, with all the obscure thrash bands etc. Right now metal is about 30% of the music I listen to - but there probably are enough metal records in my top 10 - including the last two Opeth specimens. I never had long hair, if that matters.

Jim is over the top, as usual, but that's cool about him. Other musics are not there to be cannibalized by meat, of course.

D Mullholand
---------------------
NP: Peter Hammill - Over

i think im more in rock n roll...
i wear shirts like Iron Maiden, Guns n Roses, Pink Floyd, Queen....
with blue jeans..
so i dont really think im a real metalhead...

Metalhead all the way. Been listening to metal since the age of four. First just to the same bands as my brother but at 14 started listening to some different bands than him.

Nowadays I spend about 90% of my time listening (I mean just listening and concentrating to the music), reading, writing, talking, playing and reviewing metal.

I also look like a metalhead but being a metalhead is not about how you look.

i've been listening to "metal" since i'm around 12.. Started with Hard Rock stuff , than HELLOWEEN, and some more power metal. than Death metal.. ANd now, 15 years later, i'm lisetening to power metal, death, black, DOOM, atmospheric.. let's say i'm more picky for the bands sound now :)

I don't consider to myself like a metalhead, i've listened just this kind of music frecuently only 1 year ago (however i knew and heard this music in junior college, 4 years ago), i don't always wear with black clothes, and even i can't always identify all the genders, but i know to value all the good metal music (clasical and some indeed good new bands), and i think that's why all of us are talking in this forum finally.:D

I wouldn't call myself a metalhead because I don't think I'm a big enough fan of various genres. I love the gothic/doom/black scene(s) and have seen it evolve from about 1995 when I was 15 which has been interesting.

I think I was when I was younger but generally I'm not a metalhead anymore.

I know what people are sayin, when they say "true metalhead".....it just SOUNDS narrow minded, but there is much truth behind it. I was raised on Zeppelin,Sabbath,Deep Purple,but i really started listening to metal when I was 6 (1988) courtesy of a cousin and stepbrother who liked S.O.D., Anthrax, M.O.D., Megadeth, Poison,Motley Crue, etc. I'm fairly young yet kinda stuck in the "back in the days" time, so It's hard to understand people nowadays who are all 'Ive been into metal for so long, Ive loved KORN since they first ever came out', but yet don't know who Venom are and/or will claim that anything before 1994 sucks. Whats considered metal now has no talent and no soul behind it, but thats just my personal opinion. All in all, Ive spoken my piece.:err: