Micheal Romeo's pick

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
hey guys, any idea what the master uses ? i have a problem because i ordered some about a year ago and i have grown acustom to them since then, now i think i should switch to something else since its not worth it to order his picks everytime, so anyidea where he got it made from? and the thickness and stuff, is it similiar to dunlop jazz 3?

I used to use really thick picks too, the Dunlop Big Stubby ones that are clear purple and like 2 mm thick. But then I tried the Jazz 3 picks and that's what I've been using since. They're so sharp and accurate. Really easy picking.

And by the way.. I prefer the texture of the normal Jazz 3 picks as opposed to the Tortex ones, so they're not necessarily better because Romeo uses them... It's all preference.

I have a Jazz 3 XL pick that I tried. I thought it was really great for sweeping, but I found it too small for alternate picking and heavy rythm stuff. My fingers would hit the stings more than the pick. I wish they made a similar pick but bigger. I am still using the Dunlop 1.0mm tortex picks (blue), but I'll probably switch to the thicker ones (purple) Really like the feel of the jazz III, its just a tad small for me.

Yngtchie Blacksteen said:
I use a Dunlop 3mm Stubby to achieve my blinding speed... :cool:

Hell yes! Ive been using that pick for 3 years now, everything else just SUCKS compared to it for shredding!