Mikael and Deadwing

I didn't do that much actually....I did backing vocals on 5 or 6 songs + a solo and some nice guitar vibes of "Arriving somewhere...". I did a full on metal solo for that song as well that was scrapped because it was too metal for them, haha, or maybe I sucked, I don't know which.

Steve wanted to use my voice as he (and me too) likes the textures of having multitracked harmonies by at least 2 different voices, that's why he sings on Opeth albums as well. Just listen to "Because" by the Beatles and you'll know what I mean.

Mike

Mikael Åkerfeldt said:
I didn't do that much actually....I did backing vocals on 5 or 6 songs + a solo and some nice guitar vibes of "Arriving somewhere...". I did a full on metal solo for that song as well that was scrapped because it was too metal for them, haha, or maybe I sucked, I don't know which.

Steve wanted to use my voice as he (and me too) likes the textures of having multitracked harmonies by at least 2 different voices, that's why he sings on Opeth albums as well. Just listen to "Because" by the Beatles and you'll know what I mean.

Mike
But the Beatles make me sleepy.

Why?

Because is a beautiful song... Elliott Smith does a good cover of it too

I just found the DVD version of deadwing on Aus sanity, but it's discontinued... I was still able to order... I hope they find me a copy!

Mike

WHOAAA!!

Mikael, i can't explain how honored i am with your response, i really love Opeth (and your work) beyond any explanation... so really: thank you very much for taking time answering my question.

I'm still waiting here in Chile, remember that aweful time?... but still, my hope will never die to see Opeth live.

thanks again!