Mikael on Ihsan's solo album

D.D.S. Polymath said:
Is the picture above meant to be reminiscent of the In Slaughter Natives boxed set cover?

Say what? Never heard of 'em... It's a painting done by a guy called Ken Currie

Faust serves time for killing a gay bloke, Ihsahn goes on to work with Rob "Leather Daddy" Halford. Just goes to show where the ideological rifts lie in the black metal community.

Ihsahn + Halford = Awesome.

Don Corleone said:
so mikael isnt on the adversary, right? because i didnt see anything related to that on the site. all just a rumor?
if mikael were anywhere on the album, it would be mentioned on ihsahn's website. rumors, rumors...
the samples are really in the vein of prometheus. that album just died on me. the only memorable song is the last one, and that really is great. but otherwise it is rather weak. whenever i want to hear emperor, i grab the first two albums and sometimes the live album.

derbeder said:
if mikael were anywhere on the album, it would be mentioned on ihsahn's website. rumors, rumors...
the samples are really in the vein of prometheus. that album just died on me. the only memorable song is the last one, and that really is great. but otherwise it is rather weak. whenever i want to hear emperor, i grab the first two albums and sometimes the live album.

shame! prometheus was a killer album. i remember i was hooked from the very first song on that album (5 years back...aaah good days).

"Prometheus" is one of the best metal releases from the latest 5 years imo. I'm very glad to hear that the samples of the new Ihsahn album sound pretty much like that.

I'd have to say it's a little more than a rumor. A lot of people believe Mikael is on the solo album, even me; despite it not being officially stated.

Why?

Because of this.

Powers said:
Faust serves time for killing a gay bloke, Ihsahn goes on to work with Rob "Leather Daddy" Halford. Just goes to show where the ideological rifts lie in the black metal community.

Ihsahn + Halford = Awesome.

ihsahn was the only member in that band who wasnt a nut job on some level to get himself in some deep shit. and faust didnt kill him because he was gay, he killed him because he hit on him.

on another note...judas priest is also one of ihsahns favorite bands, not just the reverse. so i think it could be a good collaboration.

I remember seeing the video for the Loss and Curse of Reverence on fuckin' muchmusic like 7 years ago and the host said that Rob Halford was wanting to work with Ihsahn. I had actually forgotten about that.

NineFeetUnderground said:
ihsahn was the only member in that band who wasnt a nut job on some level to get himself in some deep shit.

Compelety true, however...

and faust didnt kill him because he was gay, he killed him because he hit on him.

I've had gay guys hit on me before, so far i've yet to stab any of them. I just politely tell them i'm not gay.

on another note...judas priest is also one of ihsahns favorite bands, not just the reverse. so i think it could be a good collaboration.

Sounds like audio gold.