Mikaels interview kind of inspiret me to ask. Who's christian?

wow, you seem pretty impressionable. there are plenty of famous scientists who have at least believed in A God eg. Mendel, Einstein etc. my point: the guy who said that seems just a bit biased and arrogant. just a bit.

Einstein was agnostic.

Btw, you can be arrogant and speak the truth at the same time.

And where does history show that religion had the answers?
If science changes that only means that new facts were discovered through studies and experiments. Religion never changes because that would mean that "god" was wrong. And that would be a tough pill for the faithful to swallow.

I ain't say that History showed that Religion had the answer.But History showed that science had the answer (explanation) of Religion.
Of course Religion doesn't change unless it wanna prove itself wrong. IMO, some religious things that we can't understand can be proven by science in the future, at least in Islam which I know better than any other religion, I don't know if in Christianity or Judaism are any scientific facts. Are there guys?

I ain't say that History showed that Religion had the answer.But History showed that science had the answer (explanation) of Religion.
Of course Religion doesn't change unless it wanna prove itself wrong. IMO, some religious things that we can't understand can be proven by science in the future, at least in Islam which I know better than any other religion, I don't know if in Christianity or Judaism are any scientific facts. Are there guys?

What do you mean by religious things that can be proven with science?
The holy books are a testament of how people percieved the world in the old days. They tried to explain how the world worked by claiming a god did this and that. It was their try at "science" but without any facts.

i agree with your second point, but check your facts about einstein, he believed in a deistic God.

http://boingboing.net/2008/05/13/einstein-religion-is.html

http://www.spaceandmotion.com/Theology-Albert-Einstein.htm

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it. (Albert Einstein, 1954) From Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, Princeton University Press

the holy books are too outdated to be honest, they make people conservative! We can't follow rules created thousands of years ago. For example, just a few weeks ago they made it legal to sexually abuse women in Afghanistan, which they based on religious believes (that's what CNN told me, seems fucked up though, as I studied media criticism, so I can't state wether it's true or not).
We need a new Holy book people! starts writing! let's make it illegal to show your upper lip, so everyone have to hide it.... by wearing a mustache!

"I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings."

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."

"I'm not an atheist and I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangements of the books, but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God."

who cares anyway, my point is that no single human being has the knowledge to make such arrogant claims as: anyone who is religious is a fool etc etc.

the holy books are too outdated to be honest, they make people conservative! We can't follow rules created thousands of years ago. For example, just a few weeks ago they made it legal to sexually abuse women in Afghanistan, which they based on religious believes (that's what CNN told me, seems fucked up though, as I studied media criticism, so I can't state wether it's true or not).
We need a new Holy book people! starts writing! let's make it illegal to show your upper lip, so everyone have to hide it.... by wearing a mustache!

We have constitutions and lawbooks and the UN and all kinds of shit.
Spiritual matters should be personal in my opinion.

People can be religious all they want, just not of the cost of someone else's freedoms.

We have constitutions and lawbooks and the UN and all kinds of shit.
Spiritual matters should be personal in my opinion.

People can be religious all they want, just not of the cost of someone else's freedoms.

the same should also apply to non-religious people.

"summan av kardemumman", for me, is that everyone should be treated equally :)

"I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings."

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."

"I'm not an atheist and I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangements of the books, but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God."

who cares anyway, my point is that no single human being has the knowledge to make such arrogant claims as: anyone who is religious is a fool etc etc.

Depends what you mean by fool. If someone says they believe in the norse gods then I would think he/she was a fool, but if that person don't get in my face or anyone else's face about it then I wouldn't interfere with their beliefs.

Religious people claim there is a god. It is up to them to prove there is one.
Not the other way around.

Ha ha Mr Center-of-the-Earth.

I say it is that it's the other way around.

Atheist claim there is no God, so it is up to them to prove that there is none!

I mean come on, can't you be more shallow?

Depends what you mean by fool. If someone says they believe in the norse gods then I would think he/she was a fool, but if that person don't get in my face or anyone else's face about it then I wouldn't interfere with their beliefs.

you shouldn't visit the Amon Amarth part of this forum then :p

hence why i said "anyone", implying ALL religious people. fair call though. as long as everyone treats each other in a way that they would expect to be treated, and aren't hypocritical about it, then it's all good

better religion than moral relativism
The holy books aren't very good guides when it comes to morals.

the same should also apply to non-religious people.
Of course.

You can't be serious!
If I say there is a flying teapot floating around in space then why would be up to you to prove it doesn't exist?

as long as it's impossible to prove wether god exists or not, and always will be, that everlasting discussion between religious people and atheist is just a way to slap eachother in the face with a salmon: Nothing good comes out of it.