Mikaels interview kind of inspiret me to ask. Who's christian?

Really? What religion was Stalin? What religion are the Marxists/Communists who have and will go to war to spread their ideology?

And Bush with his ``democracy`` didnt want to spread ideology through wars?These days they are the one who is spreading ideology and not communists;)

I hate when i have to say for million times that for some ppl believing in smth can give them hope,and why simply cant you respect others ppl choices?In what do u believe is just your problem

I am aggressively anti-religious. I try to promote reason whenever I can, and am not fond of superstition taking so much place in our modern world.

^The reason you think its superstition and without reason is because you dont know a heck about it.

i've been a christian ever since i was born and i love it. and of course i have a seat in heaven saved for me when i die :)

I am aggressively anti-religious. I try to promote reason whenever I can, and am not fond of superstition taking so much place in our modern world.

There is nothing anti-reason about religion. The only thing you're really promoting is the notion that all things require physical proof or else they're utter bullshit.

^ wow what was it like? what was a standard day in the cult?

JW's are under the total control of the organization, which chooses what kind of movies you can watch, music you can listen to (no Opeth :erk:), clothes you wear, etc. If you deviate from their ideals they will try to shame you into conforming to their standards. Because of an old testament verse about not eating blood, parents let their children die if they need a blood transfusion. So, yeah, it pretty much sucked.

I'm a Christian here and a huge Opeth fan. I don't give a shit what others think about my beliefs or what I listen to. I pray all the time and whole heartedly believe in Jesus and God, but I think most Christian sects are bullshit. I was raised going to Catholic schools and they make up so much crap that its hilarious.

I really don't force religion on other people at all, what they want to believe is good with me.

Seriously, atheists that boast of their intelligence annoy the hell out of me. Agnosticism is rooted in intelligence, atheism is rooted in pure arrogance - maybe people just get them confused?

lol at atheists being "ignorant." Most atheists acknowledge that there is no definitive proof for or against god, but also acknowledge that the actual concept of a god is a creation of mans ignorance in times when other things could not be explained. Atheists reject the notion of a god for the same reason everyone (well maybe almost everyone) rejects the notion of a flying pink unicorn. I once labelled myself "agnostic," until I realised that it was in effect a weak and easy way out of critically thinking about these things.

Um, no, we all acknowledge that people often create concepts such as god to justify things we can't explain, but that does not change the fact that a supreme being can exist; our concept of god is completely irrelevant to whether or not a god actually exists. Atheists completely deny that a supreme being can exist. It's cool that your "critical thinking" gives you some sense of empowerment but um..yea I don't see how atheists are taking any less chances with seemingly stupid assertions than the religious do. The only thing I can clearly see with you is that you obviously think yourself to be superior than, to use your word, "weak" ones like agnostics and the religious, when in fact, as I have pointed out, your argument is every bit as feeble as that of a Christian or Muslim.

Actually, these questions all bring up to "is there a form of intelligence dictating the universe ?" where the possible answers can be yes/no/whatever and I choose "whatever". I just think we don't know what we are talking about, that we are arguying on something that is already unclear. Whether there is a force or not makes no difference, that's what I think. Things will still happen the way they are (god or not) and it's not even something to take in consideration.

Notice that the notion of God that is compared to a flying pink unicorn (or flying spaghetti monster) is maybe wrong. Sure God can be seen in a stupid way, but the notion of supreme intelligence that dictates the rules of our current universe is questionnable. And it's for sure something conceived only by humans (as most questions), but it is inspired by reality, and it's an extreme question. Atheists that claim there is no such force or God lacks of modesty, seriously, because you need to know what you're talking about. What is that God? And even the popular picture of God could reveal to be true, since we just don't know! All the possibilities are available (just as the pink unicorn...), though I don't believe so. Anyways.

^^Lets not say feeble but obscure, uncertain, bleak, not sure etc etc While I admit that agnosticism is the more clever option than atheism (and although I am a muslim I am well aware of the fact that it is trivially impossible to prove existence/nonexistence of God) regarding beliefs as without-reason is also complete foolishness. And please dont brag about knowing about religion and all, although in the end it is a matter of faith, religion is a deeply institutioned, a huge amount of knowledge which is studied by so many scholars; just reading a couple of articles doesnt mean you know about it..