Mike Romeo on G3?

War_Blade

Feb 8, 2006
planet troll
what do you guys think? I think he could definally hold his own up with satch and vai.

There are rumors that John5 might be on the next tour though. For the love of god, I pray he is not....

Satch and Vai are way different though. I don't think all three playing at once would sound too good, since MJR's style is completely different than the others.

well, first off, there's no Vai at the next G3, he's busy doing the Zappa tour. And the rumor I heard was that its going to be Paul Gilbert, Satch and 3rd ones still unknown..

and yeah, MJR would rip it up, but he's to busy with album + tour after that..

okay, i got really pissed off when i heard there was no vai, but as soon as you mentioned paul gilbert i almost jumped outta my seat!

damn, what i would do to see satch and paul gilbert on stage together...

I actually heard (straight out of joe's mouth) that he would like to tour with jeff beck.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Well, Yngwie was on G3, so I don't see a problem with Romeo being on G3. I don't think Joe and Steve even know who he is, though. :erk:
Yngwie was extreemely out of place on G3 IMO.. I didn't like it as much as the Petrucci one.

I believe Satriani and Vai asked Jeff Beck to join them on G3 years ago, and he turned them down. Since Vai is busy with the Zappa thing rather than his own band, that would leave Tony MacAlpine free, wouldn't it?

I'd love to see Romeo on G3, but he's not enough of a 'name', I fear. :(

^I dont believe so

profusion said:
I believe Satriani and Vai asked Jeff Beck to join them on G3 years ago, and he turned them down. Since Vai is busy with the Zappa thing rather than his own band, that would leave Tony MacAlpine free, wouldn't it?

I'd love to see Romeo on G3, but he's not enough of a 'name', I fear. :(

If MJR was on g3, that would be great for SX.

I think you guys are quite mistaken. Michael Romeo is, in the guitar world, the latest Yngwie. His name is getting thrown left and right, from what I've seen. I think he's definitely a possibility on the next G3, if they decide to ask him.

And, extremely surprisingly, John5 is quite good. Granted, he played with Manson for a significant amount of time, but I heard his solo album, and it turns out he can play. Nothing like the Manson shit either.

I never heard the Yngwie G3, so I dunno if it's out of place. Petrucci seemed to fit in ok, Eric Johnson seems to fit in quite well. Paul Gilbert would rock up there...Dunno about MJR though...it'd probably be somewhat similar to the Yngwie dealy.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
:deepthoughttypeface:

The only one of the 3 I liked was Satriani, anyway. On any of the G3 tours.

(Except the one with Petrucci, of course.)

that one was quite awesome, i have the dvd. i was alittle disappointed in petrucci however..and i'm a pretty big petrucci fan..:erk:

if they made a good dvd out of the upcoming g3, and romeo played...i would die. :lol:

yeah, John just seems to lack in the creativity department when it comes to impov..which is why Bumblefoot or Mattas would be really cool to have on the tour...

I think MJR is known well enough... I'm sure Satch and Vai know who Romeo is as much as they do Petrucci! Just the people listening/watching this show probably know Satch/vai way better than they do Romeo! So I think its more who the listeners know...not who the playas know!

well, Satch is going to need people who can pull about the same crowds as Vai, and god know's hes about 60-75% of who people come to G3 to see, so Gilbert really is the next one on the list since hes like friggin' Elvis in Japan...and the third one will most likely be fairly famous as well, mabie an old schooler like Vinnie Moore, Steve Morse or Andy Timmons...I would love to see Rusty Cooley or Marcel Coenen though...

If Vai's on tour with the Zappa gig, does that free up MacAlpine? That would be way cool, but I can't really think of who would be the big draw to replace Vai. Perhaps we'll just wait for the Zappa tour to end. But I do like the idea of bringing in more diversity.