Mix 27 Songs performed by 28 Musicians (Raw Live Tracks inside)

Thanks for uploading.
Quick mix of Territory.
Band did a decent job on it :)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2133088/Territory_Mickrich.mp3
Wow that's slammin'. :) Love the drum and the bass sound. Guitars could use a little more bite imo but that's probably due to the recording. Great job.
Well, here's another one:
Alice in chains - Rooster
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/933491/Plankis - Rooster.mp3
Must be a different drummer on this one, the snare didn't react as I'm used to. This is a cool song, I hadn't heard it before. The singer is a little out of tune but makes up for it with great expression in the singing. Reminds me of the dude in Sikth on some of the calmer places.
That came out pretty nicely as well. The mix has a really grungy feel to it. :Smokin:

Added Foo Fighters - Times Like These. This should be interesting: One guitar was very badly out of tune. I just re-recorded it in one take to not "loose" that track. It's just a DI though so it'll have to be reamped. And I'm not sure the Ambience/Master tracks will be usable due to the original out of tune guitar track. The vocals tracks are not really spot on in correlation to each other. Maybe some alignment can improve that. Looking forward to what you can come up with. :)

Wow that's slammin'. :) Love the drum and the bass sound. Guitars could use a little more bite imo but that's probably due to the recording. Great job.

Cheers.
Tried to capture the live sound and vibe.
Added a bit of sample to the kick and snare and ran the bass through Hartke bass pre and vox through LA-610 with about 15db of compression.
Guitars are pretty clean but I think they sound great.
Brilliant job setting up the mics considering the amount of bands you had on.
Are they Marshall DSL or 800s ?
Certainly sound like them.

Well, here's another one:
Alice in chains - Rooster
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/933491/Plankis - Rooster.mp3
Must be a different drummer on this one, the snare didn't react as I'm used to. This is a cool song, I hadn't heard it before. The singer is a little out of tune but makes up for it with great expression in the singing. Reminds me of the dude in Sikth on some of the calmer places.

You have never heard this song ???!!!
You must immediately get a copy of Dirt.
Amazing album.

Cheers.
Tried to capture the live sound and vibe.
Added a bit of sample to the kick and snare and ran the bass through Hartke bass pre and vox through LA-610 with about 15db of compression.
Guitars are pretty clean but I think they sound great.
Brilliant job setting up the mics considering the amount of bands you had on.
Are they Marshall DSL or 800s ?
Certainly sound like them.
Cool. :)
We had a total of four guitar amps on stage so we could choose between two "rock" and two "metal" amps to plug in depending on which song was up next. My 800 (2210) was set up as well but it wasn't used on this song. I plugged into an Engl (I believe Fireball but I can't remember for sure) for this song because it was the more "metal" option and better suited for this song. Maybe you can make it up from the pic. My Marshall (as mentioned not used here) is set up right next to it.

945204_619077014788934_1370805674_n.jpg

The other side of the stage had a JMP1 (GTR L1) and a JVM 410H (GTR L2). It's the same for all the tracks. Just check out the multitracks and see which tracks have a signal on them and you know the amp. :) I think the other guitarist might have used the JVM 410H on this one.

Hello. Here's my mix from the "Territory". It seems to be one the most tight played tracks of these all.

The only track that caused any real serious problem was the main cymbal in the overhead tracks. God knows how many dynamic EQ:s I've got there to tame the cymbal resonances.

I tried to aim it to resemble the original Sepultura recording somewhat. Super raw! So no insane amounts of sample-replacing here, only only one snare ambience sample to drive reverb ;) Everything else is original recording (albeit heavily processed).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75970009/Territory_MixOff.m4a

Cool, your version definitely has that vibe. The guitars are a little bit loud in comparison to the guitars (especially the Toms) I'd say. And in the beginning there's some clipping on the guitars. But yeah, like you said it really has that old school Sepultura vibe and at the same time hides the shortcomings in the playing pretty well. :)

That's a great job right there! I've always wanted to try a mix with a very "live" feel but I didn't think these particular tracks were good enough. Maybe I should give them another chance after hearing your results. :)

Btw my favorite live-feel record definitely has to be Relationship of Command by At The Drive-In. Check it out if you don't know it. It's an Andy Wallace mix so it should be entertaining and if only for it's sound. ;)

That's a great job right there! I've always wanted to try a mix with a very "live" feel but I didn't think these particular tracks were good enough. Maybe I should give them another chance after hearing your results. :)

Btw my favorite live-feel record definitely has to be Relationship of Command by At The Drive-In. Check it out if you don't know it. It's an Andy Wallace mix so it should be entertaining and if only for it's sound. ;)

Sweet, hope you like the results!

Hmmm, never heard about them. Let's take a heard...