Moderating

I PM'd Matt before reading your post explaining why he was demodded and welcomed him back if he wishes. He had asked/eluded to wanting to be de-modded from social so I simply did. He is welcome to be a mod. I have zero beef with him, and actually would trust his overall judgment.

I think the 'history' between Deron and I is a bit misconstrued. Aside from a few 'executive' decisions, I've never had a problem with Deron, even at the height of Erik's and others' criticisms. And I don't think that he has much of a problem with me either aside from my tendency to be too assertive and blunt, seeing as he has sought my opinion on certain things in the past about the board.

As I PMed Deron, I would gladly moderate again along with unknown. I think that is the best team. Although I do hope, Deron, that you give us more specific guidelines and have a more open line of communication, like I mentioned in my PM.

05-bush-inside.jpg

actually I think it's the other way around

1164468525_2500.jpg

"Necuratul and Unknown greeting the press and photographers after receiving the news from Deron"

Hmm...

Well I guess this turned out quite well. Necuratul has already proven his quality sufficiency as a moderator here and unknown would be one of my top choices as a new mod on the block.

For everyone who cast their vote in my name, I appreciate your kindness but I would have turned down the offer even if I was elected. Yes I do come here almost every day but to be a moderator is too much of a responsibility that it may detract from the enjoyment of coming to this board for free discussion (of metal, of course). It's not that I'm lazy, it's just that being a mod requires me to monitor many threads I wouldn't deal with normally as a regular poster.

A word of warning to our new mod-elects. I've seen the patterns, so know the symptoms. Modding a bunch of un-fettered typists can make embitter and/or slowly drill onesself into a well of apathy (as seen with V5). This is one reason I hesitate to take up such a position,