Modern Death Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a huge rising right now of bands like Job for a Cowboy that do inhales and pig squeals all the time. I despise nearly all use of inhaling, a quote from someone I saw on here somewhere calling inhale growls "the way of the weak" I think fits nicely. In my local area, the only band I can think of that does all normal exhale growls is the band that I do the vocals for. Everyone else is all into the inhales and I think its crap. I hate to think that this is where death metal is going. Anyways, enough of my rant. Decapitated is a superb example of modern death metal, as is Nile imo. I think Bloodbath was better off with Mikael as the vocalist, but Peter did a nice job as well. I did watch some of the dvd that came with Hypocrisy's new cd and I must say that for the most part Peter doesn't sound very good live. His growls are great but his screams sounded awful in most of it.

There is a huge rising right now of bands like Job for a Cowboy that do inhales and pig squeals all the time. I despise nearly all use of inhaling, a quote from someone I saw on here somewhere calling inhale growls "the way of the weak" I think fits nicely. In my local area, the only band I can think of that does all normal exhale growls is the band that I do the vocals for. Everyone else is all into the inhales and I think its crap. I hate to think that this is where death metal is going. Anyways, enough of my rant. Decapitated is a superb example of modern death metal, as is Nile imo. I think Bloodbath was better off with Mikael as the vocalist, but Peter did a nice job as well. I did watch some of the dvd that came with Hypocrisy's new cd and I must say that for the most part Peter doesn't sound very good live. His growls are great but his screams sounded awful in most of it.

yea I agree, but the vocals are not the only problem in most of these modern bands. The songwriting tends to be pretty awful. Bands that have no idea how to write interest, compelling songs. The other major problem is the ridiculous lack of creativity/innovation. For every nile/augury, there are a 100 worthless suffocation/melo DM clones it seems like

Everyone want to be Cannibal Corpse... still there are some interesting song writers coming out... DAATH which have been mentioned are one. Kalmah and Diablo may come across as Melo-Death clones coming from the same Country as Bodom but neither are and both have real talent... Mostly I find the stupidity and dull song-writing to be the fault of the grindcore scene which idiots often mistake for death metal... The only remotely interesting Grindcore I have heard recently is Asesino's Christo Diabolico but what do you expect... Dino Cazares is in the band.

yea I agree, but the vocals are not the only problem in most of these modern bands. The songwriting tends to be pretty awful. Bands that have no idea how to write interest, compelling songs. The other major problem is the ridiculous lack of creativity/innovation. For every nile/augury, there are a 100 worthless suffocation/melo DM clones it seems like

Yes but dude you have to understand that most bands like a job for a cowboy do what they do in good fun, ya know?

It's that whole hardcore/metalcore element. Those mosh bands go out, get drunk and fuck shit up.

The kids love it and its Just something to get all that aggression out. Not everything has to be creative or innovative.

I mean comparing Nile and job for a cowboy is like comparng an NBA team/game to 10 guys out on the street playing a pick up game.

:Smokin:

I'd say drawn and quartered, pentacle, immolation, mithras, deathevokation, defeated sanity, necros christos and a few others that i cant be bothered to mention right now :)

Basically what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.