Most complicated music

AlphaTemplar said:
Metal or otherwise, what is the most complicated music in terms of song structures, complex melodies/harmonies, arcance rhythms, time and key changes, dynamics, varied instrumentation, and so forth?
when music gets complex paddy has to go bed dude:kickass: :kickass: :Smokin: :kickass: :Smokin: :heh:

what about this?

100526_l.jpg

100524_l.gif

all that is is standard sheet music that spirals instead of going straight, that has nothing to do with complexity.

I loves me some good prog metal like symphony x or vintage dream theater, but the most technical moments or them and most other metal bands in general are directly inspired/rip-offs of even more complex classical and jazz works. Thats how they get their chops, and few if any metal musicians have technique at the level of professional classical musicians. Honestly, when you think about the body of musicians who have performed metal (only about 30 years worth) compared to hundreds of years that make up baroque, classical, romantic, ect its ridiculous to say metal would be the most of anything.

Entropiastrife said:
all that is is standard sheet music that spirals instead of going straight, that has nothing to do with complexity.

But what could be more complex than sitting in a chair that is attached to a rotating orb just so you can read the music? Nothing, that's what.

Entropiastrife said:
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERP

What's the deal with that entire circular staff being one long bar? I haven't studied theory in 5+ years so I don't remember what that entails exactly.

Amarantus said:
I've seen Fred Durst bust out some sick ass fucking solos in my day. :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
Hell yes!

The thing about Bach is, he was so influential in terms of codifying western music, that most of his chord progressions have become pretty standard - and he never really really incorporated any syncopation or quirky time signatures.

Meshuggah isn't that complicated beyond weird time sigs that usually add up to 4/4 anyways.