Most Depressing Song Ever

The most depressing song ever is by Silverchair and the song is called "Emotion Sickness." Everything about this song is sad (yet beautiful at the same time). Hell, this is saddness put to music. I would recommend everyone check this song out; it is an incredible piece of music.

honorable mentions:

Agalloch - "In the Shadow of our Pale Companion"

Nirvana - "Something in the Way"

Nick Drake - "Day is Done"

Ulver - "Capitel I: I Troldskog Faren Vild"

I've started a similar topic here before, and my choice is undoubtedly "One Last Goodbye" by Anathema...simply heartbreaking track. Another one that always gets to me is "Disappear" by Dream Theater. The end of that song sends chills down my spine...

The Scorpions first album, Lonesome Crow, has this totally desolate, forlorn sound. The title track and "Inheritance" are very dark and depressing. How about the smashed hopes of "2112"... the darkness of the first Black Sabbath album..."Solitude" by Candlemass...and for the sentimental among us, "Love to Love" by UFO.

My first post here, so ... Hey everyone.. But yeah, not sure how popular these guys are, but there's a song by Kamelot - "Forever" .. When I'm ever depressed, I just hit that song on repeat, and think to myself "Man, I'm glad I never felt what he's feeling in this song." And it makes me feel lucky that my situation isn't AS bad

Deinonychus
Bethlehem
Elend

(I recommend Elend or Bethlehem and a warm bath with candles and razors. Especially Bethlehem is sometimes labeled as "suicide metal".)

icon6.gif