Most embarassing album you have ever owned?

Originally posted by Austin7
My mom bought me that Hanson CD about 5 years ago for Christmas. Remember "M'bop"? Yep. Speaking of which, did you know CD's don't freeze or burn?
try putting the cd on top of a glass in the middle of the microwave for a few seconds.... wait for the sparks and then you have a very nice beer coster.
as for my most embarising.... that would have to be, any pop compilation that i had to buy when i was djing....(hey i needed the money..... it just made me vommit playing that music)
:puke: :puke:

I had some "movie hits vol. 5" (or something) vinyl when I was kid, that was bad.... luckily I've lost it. And last summer I got a present from my aunt, a dancepop album by some one-hit wonder called "Vitamin C", somehow that got lost too...

Hmm... for me its a tie between the New Kids on the Block Xmas album (and any other of their albums I owned) and the Kriss Kross album. My best friend at the time was even into wearing her clothes backwards... but i'm not gonna go into that...

:yuk:

the most embarrassing metal album i've bought would have to have been by the group Every Mother's Nightmare. it just makes you realize how cheesy metal can be at times.

Well, perhaps my age is about to show, but the most embarassing album I've ever owned would be a toss up between that Donny and Marie album and the Shawn Cassidy album.... and they were truly vinyl. I was pretty young at the time, though, so I've decided to forgive myself. Did you know that if you leave a record out in the sun long enough you can turn it into party favors?:D

When I was in about 5th grade I owned a catalog of embarrasing albums. No one bought them for me. No excuses, except the follies of a ten or eleven year old. I owned albums by:

Poison
Motley Crue
Cinderella
Britney Fox
Skid Row

And a couple others. Even went to a Crue concert. I actually liked motley crue up till about seventh grade.

I don't know what I'm more ashamed of - my M People album or Abba Gold...

I also have republica which I don't listen to...

I also have on album from The Presidents of the USA
and all The Offspring albums, but I'm not ashamed of that.
They have some pretty good songs...

Oh and I have Billy Joel's Greatest Hits volume 3 which has some nice songs in it... :)

But the one I'm really ashamed of is Hammerfall - Legacy of Kings.
(don't have any other hammerfall albums)

EDIT:Hammerfall...

Originally posted by AngelWitch73
I´m not embarrassed by it but I have the Milli Vanilli album....

Fuck yeah, good for you. I'm not embarrassed of any album that I own. If I bought, I like it. I could give a shit less what people think of my music choices. I have the Milli Vanilli album also, and I listen to it. Blame it on the fucking rain, I like Milli Vanilli.

Originally posted by lord667
Tori Amos, "Strange Little Girls" - in my defence, her t-shirt on the cover says "Worship Satin", and I thought the Slayer cover might be interesting, or at least funny.
the slayer cover on that is not funny it is down right scary.... think about it, tom is a big ugly scary man singing about hell, that is not as scary as a cute little girl doing a really freaky version of the same song. in my opinion she makes it scaryer. it is a lot more sinister with her doing it.

Originally posted by erich
When I was in about 5th grade I owned a catalog of embarrasing albums. No one bought them for me. No excuses, except the follies of a ten or eleven year old. I owned albums by:

Poison
Motley Crue
Cinderella
Britney Fox
Skid Row

And a couple others. Even went to a Crue concert. I actually liked motley crue up till about seventh grade.

How can you be embarassed about those albums?? They are my childhood too :D Motley Crue is still one of my all time favorite bands.
Most embarassing ever was probably movie music compilation thing that had a disco version of the star wars theme. It was right out blasphemous :mad:

Originally posted by alpha666

the slayer cover on that is not funny it is down right scary.... think about it, tom is a big ugly scary man singing about hell, that is not as scary as a cute little girl doing a really freaky version of the same song. in my opinion she makes it scaryer. it is a lot more sinister with her doing it.

I've only listened to it once. The only songs I knew from it were that and the Boomtown Rats one. I just found it all rather tedious, and I don't like her voice much.