Most underated albums

Prowler121

CingKrimzon
Jul 4, 2003
www.elephant-talk.com
In light of the "most overated bands and albums" thread, I thought I'd take a more positive approach and ask you what bands/albums you think are underated. This is your chance(one of many online I imagine), to praise albums you think the masses or even the band's fans don't give enough credit to.

My first Choice.

Voivod's Angel Rat album. It was a more commercial follow up to the great Nothingface album, but it did have nice trippy songs like Freedom, Nuage Fractal, ANgelRat along with good rock tunes like Clouds in My House and Best Regards.
Alot of people mark this album as the begining of Voivod's downfall but I think it's a great piece of trippy music with a few pop hooks.

I may list others when I'm not so tired.

I never really liked Angel Rat and the follow-up, The Outer Limits. I think Phobos is _by far_ Voivod's best album. the latest one is good, but it hasn't got that unique atmosphere like Phobos.

my choice:

Anacrusis - Screams And Whispers

although it got very positive reviews, no one seemed to care about them, and they disbanded after that album. my favourite thrash album, absolutely unique vocal style, a very melodic thrash/mellow mixture

No specific order:
Coroner-Mental Vortex
Arcturus-La Masquerade Infernale
Death-Individual Thought Patterns
Mastodon-Remission
Pink Floyd-Animals
Yes-Tales from Topographic Oceans
Carcass-Necroticism: Descanting the Insalubrious
Megadeth-Rust in Peace
Cynic-Focus

Without a doubt in my mind:

Jack off Jill - Clear Heart, Grey Flowers

^---------------- Buy it now sir!!!!!! kthx.... not Sexless Demons and Scars or wtf its called cause it sucks.