Movies/series thread

Mad Max was fucking awesome! :kickass:

It was predictable as fuck, had an uncomplicated story that lacked any form of fancy plot twist, had no silly love in any form and man was I entertained! Hands down one of the best action movies ever made. The action and the carnage was just outright awesome in every way and the special effects and the cars, THE CARS!!! I give it five roadkills out of five! :kickass:

What I do not get is the "controversy" around Charlize Theron?? She was a badass warrior sure but the only women in the movie who weren't were the sex slaves? She was dirty sure but so was everyone in that movie? I think she was very good in this movie and I really liked the character she was playing but I do not understand what was supposed to be so special about her role that we haven't seen before??

It was predictable as fuck, had an uncomplicated story that lacked any form of fancy plot twist, had no silly love in any form and man was I entertained! Hands down one of the best action movies ever made. The action and the carnage was just outright awesome in every way and the special effects and the cars, THE CARS!!! I give it five roadkills out of five! :kickass:

What I do not get is the "controversy" around Charlize Theron?? She was a badass warrior sure but the only women in the movie who weren't were the sex slaves? She was dirty sure but so was everyone in that movie? I think she was very good in this movie and I really liked the character she was playing but I do not understand what was supposed to be so special about her role that we haven't seen before??

No silly love? It had a very cheesy and forced scene between the redhead and one of those bald guys. That was so bad it was laughable. Also the pregnancy thing with the other chick... So terrible. Those are the two reasons I think this movie is not great, but just decent. Other than that I agree with you, it had amazing sfx and action! I said it already in this threa I think but I also think Charlize was cool as fuck

No silly love? It had a very cheesy and forced scene between the redhead and one of those bald guys. That was so bad it was laughable. Also the pregnancy thing with the other chick... So terrible. Those are the two reasons I think this movie is not great, but just decent. Other than that I agree with you, it had amazing sfx and action! I said it already in this threa I think but I also think Charlize was cool as fuck

It was all just so he could have his epic death and go to Valhalla so I approve it! :kickass:
And had she not been pregnant they could not have included the scene were they kill her to cut out the dead baby which made Joe go from "regular" bad guy insane to full on Caligula level insane.

And yes Charlize was cool, she was a warrior and I do not think she came across as some feminazi either. She was one of few in the movie that had a little normal humanity left in her. :lol:

^Their initial meeting was still insanely cheesy. But good point about the pregnant chick. Didn't think of that - but I still think it was unnecessary. They could have showed him as insane somehow else

I hate when movies are unable to make a female lead cool. Most often they will be kinda shown as manly and then the whole point is gone - Mad Max nailed the "badass chick" role though!

^Their initial meeting was still insanely cheesy. But good point about the pregnant chick. Didn't think of that - but I still think it was unnecessary. They could have showed him as insane somehow else

I hate when movies are unable to make a female lead cool. Most often they will be kinda shown as manly and then the whole point is gone - Mad Max nailed the "badass chick" role though!

It is an action movie, cheesy can only be a good thing in this case! :D

^Yeah but action movies can still be good, and cheesiness has no place in a movie that gets an 89 metacritic score! At least that is my opinion but I am Danish so what do I know :)

^Yeah but action movies can still be good, and cheesiness has no place in a movie that gets an 89 metacritic score! At least that is my opinion but I am Danish so what do I know :)

Of course it has, cheesiness is what makes action movies good! :D

And yes I do not even know why I am speaking to you bloody skånepåg! :mad:

just saw john wick, it was pretty awesome

100% agree, one of the most honest movies in forever lol. i loved every minute, including the no love story, and the badass women

Netflix and Amazon have turned down the offer to pick up the Hannibal TV series. NBC canceled the show back in June of this year, due to low ratings allegedly. But NBC has a bad reputation of axing shows half way into the series. What does everyone think of this?

Currently watching Real Humans/Äkta människor, props to the Swedes for one incredibly well-made and well thought-out series. The attention to detail, the casting, the characters, the acting, the photography, all magnificent! Highly recommended.

It's a fictional series about so-called 'hubots' and their place in society. Hubots are very sophisticated and human-like robots that can operate independently. Very interesting concept.

www.imdb.com/title/tt2180271

original.jpg

Learning some Swedish in the process as well, my favourite words so far are förlåt and tillbaka :D