Movies/series thread

enough with Gay Thrones, watch Blue Ruin, great revenge movie

don't watch the full trailer, just around the 1:00 mark :)

Last edited by a moderator:
^Sold

Have you seen Dead Man's Shoes? It's the same idea, a group of people is responsible for the death of some guy's handicapped brother, so after he returns from the army he terrorizes all of them and kills them one by one. He never hides himself though, he taunts them openly and in plain sight so they know the fear, and he just takes them all down one at a time. I enjoyed it.

I'm positive it has been mentioned here more than once so everyone here has probably at least heard the name or seen it.

i think season 2 was the one i felt most disappointed with actually, especially dany's parts

Season 2 was great, although I can agree with you that Dany's parts in Quarth are boring but they were boring in the books as well so it's ok! :)
Other than that Season 2 had some epic stuff like The battle of the blackwater, Theon's betrayal, Tyrion as hand of the king, Jaqen H'ghar and the ending with the white walkers attacking the fist of the first men. Season 2 started the deviations from the books but more in the way that they excluded things they did not change things in major ways.

Nope, Blue Ruin was a totally different kind of revenge movie. It was very good though

Saw Dead Mans Shoes yesterday also, already was on my list of movies to watch. Very cool despite de low budged. But i just couldnt take those gangster seriously driving around that car lol

i mean, it was enjoyable, but once again, a remake that has nothing to do with the original, max is not even the main protagonist in the movie. I have more to rant, but won't spoil it now lol

When I see the name Charlize Theron, in the back of my head I still think "Why didn't you run to the side?!". I liked Prometheus and over-analyzed it like a moron because I LOVE Alien, but in the end it looks like my final take away from that movie is "Why didn't the dumbass underused blonde dodge?"

I'm hoping that after I see Mad Max, my new impression of her will be "that awesome but kind of nasty bald girl from Mad Max"

When I see the name Charlize Theron, in the back of my head I still think "Why didn't you run to the side?!". I liked Prometheus and over-analyzed it like a moron because I LOVE Alien, but in the end it looks like my final take away from that movie is "Why didn't the dumbass underused blonde dodge?"

I'm hoping that after I see Mad Max, my new impression of her will be "that awesome but kind of nasty bald girl from Mad Max"

i can't get past the scene where the goddam biologist went to pet a unknown alien life form, great fucking work

You should watch Æon Flux! First film I saw her in was The Italian Job and these two movies might not be the best, she was awesome in both. Also, get over Prometheus already :lol:

I just watched Mad Max and I have to say, it is *extremely* overrated. It does NOT deserve a 89 metascore from metacritic nor a 8.5 user rating on IMDb. It was entertaining, but it is not deserve a rating similar to Saving Private Ryan, Terminator 2, The Departed, Casablanca... I don't get what the fuzz is about!