Movies/series thread

I'm disappointed with the general assessment by Hollywood that says that reboots are the best thing ever. Reboot bad movies, not good ones...

That's a good idea. Reboot badly done movies with great ideas instead of cashing in on great movies with a mediocre imitation. That would be more interesting to me if this was a common thing.

The problem is, there is a demographic of fans for popular movies to cash in on, not to mention basic brand recognition. It would be a bigger task to get people to go see a remake of a movie no one liked or heard of the first time. From a financial standpoint, it makes more sense to have half the work done for you by copying an already loved movie.

It's a fucking shame because in terms of quality, there have been several low-key remakes that surpassed their predecessor's.

Woah. Deja Vu.

Hannibal is back, really want to watch the first 2 seasons again before i start this third, but i'll so damn busy

checking on my external hd, had 138 movies to watch, most of them new, but some of them i wanted to see again. But seems too much, so i had to delete some of them, down to 98 now

Way to waste 10 minutes to show Cersei's saggy tits. Still no Lady Stoneheart and I still believe.

At least there is some good to it, maybe females will finally realize they look like slaves and junkies with such ridiculuos haricuts. Nah, they probably wont and I still will find great joy in humiliating them.

Yeah I'm with you. I think that George Martin even told the writers how it would end, and about the biggest plot points etc. - so we will still get a good story even if he is gonna DIE!!!

i think GoT is good still, very good season imo

Really? This is the first season I am disappointed with. They went from doing book 3 in two seasons to ignoring and mostly re-writing book 4 and 5 in one season...it feels rushed and very forced at times, it's like they only care about shocking the audience now instead of telling a good story. I feel like the quality has dropped significantly now that George R. R. Martin is no longer involved in the show to the same extent. :(

I have not watched this season at all but as usual the biggest spoilers came crawling out of the corners of the internet. Weirdly enough I don't really mind anymore, I don't have much desire to watch Game of Thrones. Even last season I think I was pushing myself a little bit just to watch it, and the more I hear about the latest season the less I care about the show in general. It's an amazingly well made show but I don't have any attachment to it at all, and I think part of that is what Jonas just mentioned. It seems to cater more towards shocking moments than being a well written inter-weaving story. I don't mean the deaths specifically, but the entire show is basically high budget shock bait with awesome set design and performances. I keep getting the nagging feeling I'm watching a brutal soap opera.

It's still an awesome series but the more I think about it, the more it slips down my top shows list. I just got bored of it I guess.

Really? This is the first season I am disappointed with. They went from doing book 3 in two seasons to ignoring and mostly re-writing book 4 and 5 in one season...it feels rushed and very forced at times, it's like they only care about shocking the audience now instead of telling a good story. I feel like the quality has dropped significantly now that George R. R. Martin is no longer involved in the show to the same extent. :(

i think season 2 was the one i felt most disappointed with actually, especially dany's parts