Movies/series thread

Watched Automata.
Movie with great potential, that started very good and finished... Well, like every hollywood movie. It really could be one of the best movies about AI, but instead we got the 2nd half filled with cliches.

Oh well, at least I didnt recognize bald Banderas at all. I was only just like "I know this accent, but this dude's face doesnt ring a bell".

But at least maybe superhero movie fans will like it, I dont like this genre, but when its rated R maybe at least wont be another copy of other countless movies that were exactly the same.

Yes, they almost ruined Star Wars for me, because no matter where I went there was OMG STAR WARS TUTUTUT TR8R, OMG REY SO SEXY STAR WARS LIGHTSABERS STAR WARS USE THE FORCE COCKSUCKER STAR WARS

And with Deadpool its now (and was) OMG DEADPOOL IS SO AWESOME AND HARDCORE I WANT TO BE EDGY JUST LIKE HIM.

All Deadpool is is some overpowered douchebag. Still probably gonna watch it, but it might be the last superhero movie i am seeing this decade, weve been spammed with it.

//

I hated House M.D when it came out. Had to wait for 5 years before the fucking hype stopped, finally could watch it and enjoy it :mad:

Watched another movie about AI:
The Machine

So far its the best recent movie about that matter. It was low budget and yet looked very well. Good acting and soundtrack.

I don't know Hayden's other work but I have heard he had potential. I just know that almost no actor could have saved Anakin from George Lucas' writing. I don't know how the hell Ewan McGregor managed to save Obi-wan and stay so likable and awesome throughout the movies, I can't think of anyone else that was able completely salvage their characters aside from maybe Ian McDiarmid... Ian McDiarmid basically embodied the Emperor in an almost classical acting style. But Ewan made Obi-wan one of my very favourite Star Wars characters in a trilogy with so few good characters, so I have to say that if there is a star of the prequels it is him.

It's funny because the Star Wars movies in the big picture are supposed to be about Anakin's journey, but I feel like the prequels are Obi-Wan's story, and that leads directly into Luke's story with Anakin serving as a backbone or catalyst for both.

Anyway, I think Hayden's acting job was on par with the horrible directing he had to deal with. He had a few dark scenes where he did a good job conveying the inner demons of Anakin but 90% of his dialogue was stilted and the "romance" was high school film quality.

this post pretty much sums up what i'm thinking. i think hayden did a great job in some scenes (mostly in ep3 when he turns), but george lucas should never be allowed near anything star wars related again.

just watch this, and weep:

Did you watch Ex Machina, @Aexalven?

hah, was going to write the exact same thing

I just saw trailer for Suicide Squad and yaaay, another superhero movie i wont watch, what an absolute garbage.

Not huge fan of the comics, but still seeing those abominations for Joker and Harley makes me wanna puke.