Movies/series thread

I'm curious about it, just not too optimistic yet. I am waiting to be proven wrong so I can eat my own words and finally like a videogame based movie.

Considering watching Harry Potter series. This is like the 10th time I downloaded it/queued it up, and said I would finally listen to everyone and give it a chance. Maybe this time I will follow through. I just hope I can put up with the fact that it's a bunch of god damn children playing the protagonists. I have so much issue with kids in movies, and almost always hate them even as supporting characters. Still I have been told by countless people that it's a series worth the investment so.... Here goes attempt number 11

Holy shitballs what a horrible fucking trailer.
Youre horrible faggot, it has the spirit of Godzilla how it was since 1954 not this american crap (altough Godzilla from 2014 was ok).

Also reddit is filled with sheeple and if its ordered to be hyped about something then those lowlifes will be hyped. Im the best source of information if something is good or not.

Last edited:
Considering watching Harry Potter series. This is like the 10th time I downloaded it/queued it up, and said I would finally listen to everyone and give it a chance. Maybe this time I will follow through. I just hope I can put up with the fact that it's a bunch of god damn children playing the protagonists. I have so much issue with kids in movies, and almost always hate them even as supporting characters. Still I have been told by countless people that it's a series worth the investment so.... Here goes attempt number 11

I read the book way back when they came out, and I found them very enjoyable at the time. I felt the movies were kind of meh at the start, but got better as they progressed. The books are kind of that way too though I guess.

Just watched Godzilla from 1954, it has better special effects than Hobbit. and this silly rubber godzilla costume looked better than most dwarves lmao

Don't K me :mad:

The+letter+k+_07d0ea_5277923.gif

Reactions: stefan86
@Belac Found a page where the video is still up :)

https://zenety.nl/wow.html

I still don't know how I feel about it. First scene looked okay, the Orcs in the second scene looked really fake, third scene was weird because the female looks like she is an Orc from a different franchise. The final scene was nice. Good CGI and voice acting.

It still seems like a very mixed bag still.

Reactions: Aexalven
I didn't think it was a proper view of it from the trailers to really say much about the quality of it (movie trailers tend to suck) but if you still feel this way then it's fair enough.

I hate you though ;)

I didn't think it was a proper view of it from the trailers to really say much about the quality of it (movie trailers tend to suck) but if you still feel this way then it's fair enough.

I hate you though ;)

If even he tries to diss this movie then it must really suck. Accept it that my hate is justified, give in

I hate you though ;)

I have not passed judgement, I am just skeptical of how well the movie will come together and I still think the fast paced CGI looks kind of average, even below average considering the budget and time put into it. Sure it's well animated but they still have that "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" quality where it looks like cartoons interacting with real people. The first scene and final scenes were fine, I just felt like 2 and 3 were off. The final scene in particular was actually pretty interesting, both from a story telling perspective and visually. That may be because they had to pay more attention to details and performance, and there were no interactions between orcs and actors.

As a guy that enjoys the original Warcraft lore, I liked the dialogue and characterization in that last scene. So it has that going for it.

Since majority agrees we all need to send our ravens to blizzard that we demand the next movie to be full CGI like their cinematics, otherwise we may never see good movies based on games. I completely forgot how long the movie was in production. In such time the CGI should be the best in history, when its mediocre.

Finally watched Godzilla (2014). Didnt before because i was sceptical, but... It's fucking good, americans didnt screw it up this time. The movie was made with respect to the originals. Godzilla beating the shit out of other monsters, lazers, atomic breaths. Kinda annoyed the action was once again in major US cities, but fuck it.
CGI was top notch, not like in some movies (COUGHWOWCOUGH) and even the OST sounds like old monster/horror movies, not this generic epic music for the main theme.

Kinda shame B. Cranston died early in the movie, but at least there is a chance for good sequel.