Movies/series thread

Some special edition changes were good, but mostly not. Maybe in nest few years ill watch despecialized edition again, ive seen original trilogy this year, dont want to puke with star wars.

*watches zootopia for the 3rd time in a month*

If your ancestor were humped by austrian kebab it doesnt make you an austrian!

But seriously, ive been in austria for 1 day, so many kebabs i initially thought that my driver was drunk and went to turkey.

Some special edition changes were good, but mostly not. Maybe in nest few years ill watch despecialized edition again, ive seen original trilogy this year, dont want to puke with star wars.

*watches zootopia for the 3rd time in a month*

Yea I have seen some old fan restauration version but not the Despecialized, will watch them the next time I need my SW OT fix.

But sersiously that scene when Luke, Obi-Wan and the droids arrives in Mos Eisley in the speeder, all the animals and shit Lucas added in the Special Edition which are the ones usually aired on TV, is just horrific. Its shown 7:20 in the video I posted, just look at 7:30... "Lets add a huge wobbling fucking turd that covers upp the awesome Stormtroopers and Astromech in the original", like WTF was he on drugs?

From the top of my head I can appreciate what they did with Cloud(sky? The city where they met vader stopping blaster shots with bare hands) city, they added windows to those boring corridors and the scenery was looking much better.

And yeah, i dont understabd why would they add this shit in front of the screen.

Yeah Cloud City looks good, especially when Lando alerts the city, but also weird when they run on the balcony.
The Emperor also looks better...

I want a mix of the good in the Special Edition and Despecialized. :)

I just watched Zootopia, pretty good movie, cute.

A person who doesnt like Star Wars dislikes a nerd-movie about the 10 different versions of Star Wars... mind is blown.

Salt-Shaker-232x300.jpg

Reactions: nizzon
agreed, would like to see a nice mix between the two

i think the prequels could be saved a bit by editing the CGI and re-cutting it a bit as well. maybe.

There is a fan edit of TPM called The Phantom Edit, and I bet the others also have edits. I havent seen it but trimming the political scenes sounds bad.

Changes made from the original film in The Phantom Edit

• Opening crawl replaced with a new one explaining why the edit was made
  • Re-editing of nearly all scenes featuring Jar Jar Binks and removing some of what Nichols dubs 'Jar Jar Antics'
  • Removal or re-editing of most of the Battle Droid dialogue
  • Limiting of exposition throughout the film
  • Trimming scenes involving politics
  • Re-arrangement of shots and scenes to match the original Star Wars trilogy's presentation style
  • Removal of "Yippee" and "Oops" from Anakin's dialogue
  • Removal of dialogue that specifies the nature of midi-chlorians as a biological basis for Force sensitivity
  • Reinstatement of deleted scenes in order to fill in plot holes in the film narrative
There were a total of 18 minutes cut from the original film, reducing the run time from 136 minutes to 118 minutes.

EDIT: Interesting info here, looks like there are loads of edits on the prequels.. http://scifi.stackexchange.com/ques...m-edit-of-the-star-wars-prequel-trilogy-exist

Last edited:
:)
Its kind of funny though with all the morals in the movie about "race" and equality... but they have to make the main character a cute little bunnysexbomb, why not go all the way and make her fat and ugly and repulsive instead, show us that looks doesnt matter.