Movies/series thread

Even if it's true DC is not in a position to pull such shit off. From what I see they are failing vs Marvel hard. And this bad publicity is not good for them.

While waiting for new episodes of Persona 5 Animation (might as well since I loved the game) and Steins Gate 0 (previous season was one of the best chinese cartoons ive seen) im rewatching Breaking Bad. Still good.

And after few episodes in Breaking Bad I can now safely say it's the best show I've ever seen.

It got even better when im older. The themes, the acting is just so perfect. Perfect mix of comedy and seriousness. Phenomenal.

Reactions: winters epilogue
More details on Witcher series by Netflix.

8 episodes for 2 books. Because "its gonna be action packed". I already know this show is going to be cancer.
90% of the appeal of the books were dialogues, atmosphere, not fight sequences. And if this chick is going to turn into some retarded action movie then im out.

Since it already sounds like some crap crafted specifically for american audience, I fully expect to one of the important characters to be black. Some dwarf perhaps? Make Dandellion homosexual while youre at it, its gonna be easy, he already dresses like a fag, just make him fuck guys instead of gals and were good.

Scratched a couple of "you haven't see that yet?!" movies off the list: Full Metal Jacket (gritty, great acting), and Escape from New York (stupid fun).

I also saw Chopping Mall (B-movie with one of the best head explosion scenes ever), 1922 (slow burn, but a strong cast making due with a simple plot), and El Cadáver de Anna Fritz (bizarre Spanish horror flick about some dudes in a morgue who have sex with a deceased movie star—or so they think).

Finished Breaking Bad second time.

10/10. Perfect story, relatable characters and ending that is just so good. Most of the time i hate endings of movies, games, series, because they always suck and dont live up to expectations.

Silent Hill 2, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Breaking Bad is in my Hall of Fame how to finish shit. No cliffhangers, no "lets leave it open so we can milk it in the future". Just finish.

My wet eyes and weird feeling in a throat are also giving it 10/10.

Just got devastated by 10th episode of Violet Evergarden (this stupid chinese cartoon with amazing graphics), it's been a while since i felt the feels.

And I had a break in aforementioned chinese cartoon because I was watching Better Call Saul. Really good spinoff, that gets better and better, 3rd season being fucking amazing. Waiting for 4th season.

And since now I only have 3 episodes left in Violet, i don't know what i'll be watching next. Maybe 2nd season of Westworld? Anyone seen it yet?

I started Ozark. Still unsure if it's worth it, but just 2 episodes in.
Also Steins;Gate 0, good scifi shit.

Well, Ozark has potential, but way too many forced nudity it seems.
I guess I could swallow it if not for token fag character swallowing dicks on camera.

Also I cant stop thinking it might be just Breaking Bad retold. Ill give it more chances, but if im gonna have to watch sucking dick (and doesnt matter who sucks it) every 20 minutes i think im gonna pass.

Oh, I thought there is already second season.

So far 6/10 for me. Lots of cliche characters, sometimes showrunners treat viewers like retards with a memory of a toddler and show obvious things.

Also this "he's homophobic so he's secretly gay" thing is ridiculous lmao. But its one way to push agenda.

I tried watching Ray Donovan last weekend. I'm 4 episodes in and I really don't care for it. It seems to be 90% focused on annoying family and unlikable characters acting like idiots. I thought it was going to be kind of a cool enforcer type show where complex scenarios and jobs unfold with interesting and mysterious clients. I probably won't continue unless I hear it gets better and it focuses on more than a bunch of juvenile men with daddy issues.

On the bright side the setting reminded me of Michael from GTA5 and his whole arc, so I started replaying the story mode and that has been a lot more fun.

Edit: Watched some more episodes, skipped further into the season. Exactly the same shit several episodes later, so yeah. Would not recommend.

Last edited:
Finished Ozark.

Turns out I was right. It is poor man's Breaking Bad. But this show could actually be very good if it dropped certain stupidities and stopped treating viewer like a retard. It would also benefit from better shots and soundtrack.

If we dropped these 2 FBI agents, who are steretypical FBI douches, where one of course has to be crazy and hellbent on finishing his mission.

Thankfuly they dropped obnoxious faggotry and tits every 10 seconds halfway in the show, so there is that.

More thoughts are on how they "ruined" certain characters, or about unecessary characters in the spoiler:

Russ, the secretly gay redneck. If we dropped this "Every homophobe is secretly gay" thing, he would be actually a great character. He had shitty life, and when finally he could be himself, was happy, wanted to turn his life around everything is ruined by token gay crazy FBI man. It was stupid to kill off one of the more complex characters on the show, and kill him in a stupid, unsatysfying way.

Redneck cocaine producers and too unbelievable. They wouldnt succeed. They feel forced and over the top. Also drop the annoying monologues. And open your fucking mouth when you speak, I am always watching with closed captions, but only look at them subconciously. With these guys fuck, I dont understand shit.

Drop the FBI part alltogether.

Del was charizmatic as fuck and a great character. Whoops, dead. Oh well.

No opinion about Ruth yet.

Yea, like I would believe youre gonna kill a fucking infant on american television. Drop this shit, its not suspensful, just cheap "wow" factor that works only on retards. Same shit with the daughter, where they were trying to sell us that she's about to drown. Didnt work, sorry, just annoying.

TL:DR spoiler -> Drop unecessary characters, stop killing charizmatic and well written ones

Will probably watch 2nd season when it comes, but not with dick in my hands.

Let's say i'd give it 6,5/10. It could get 8 if dropped the stupid, forced and unbelievable shit.

First good stuff:

Finally built enough weeb resistance so I could tackle Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Turns out outdated style didn't bother me that much. But I'm pretty sure there is some voodoo shit going on, because first half (10-11 episodes?) is basically mecha shounen anime and I still enjoyed it. Maybe it's some good atmospheric shots from time to time, but my vote's on the voodoo. Second part is better, although the very ending is confusing as fuck and nothing is resolved. Probably you have to watch the movies, gonna do it at some other date.

Now terrible stuff:
Okay, I decided to watch Death Note in it's entirety, not single scenes, trailers or recaps. Figured "Hey, it cant suck as much as it seems, right?"

Well I was wrong. It sucks even more. I won't even complain about plot, its 90 minutes done by USA, expected garbage, got garbage.

But how the fuck you fail casting and characters so much? There is literally 0 characters cast right:

Light:
anime - Charismatic, intelligent, manipulative alpha sociopath. Asian.
movie - Loser with somewhat okay grades. Gets manipulated easly. After 10 minutes tells a random girl how he kills people. White.

L:
anime - Intelligent, mysterious, master detective and riddle solver. Believable, pale, basement dwelling weirdo. Flegmatic. Supposedly european.
movie - Solved some shit in the past. Takes answers out of his ass. Has ADHD, pretends to be weird and sucks at it. Unstable emotionally. Athletic. Can,t deal with any emotions. Black.

Mia:
anime - easly manipulated. Asian(?)
movie - stronk white woman manipulating loser.

Ryuk:
anime - just wants to have fun, true neutral.
movie - just wants to have fun, lawful evil.

NOT.A.SINGLE.CHARACTER.WTF

What's good about the movie? Ryuk's voice. That's it.

And those retards even left an open ending to tease that they want ruin the franchise more.