Movies/series thread

I might give it a try, I like juvenile humour and turns out japanese are pretty good at it when theyre not overdoing it.

Just watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Thankfully I had no idea what the movie was about, but when the names of Polanski and his wife Sharon Tate came up in the movie I went "oh shit I remember reading THAT wikipedia article". This, coupled with Tarantino's masterful build of suspense, made the last 20 minutes very hard to watch. I never ever get anxious in movie theatres, but this one - I was a nervous wreck. Don't know what to make of the ending but overall it's a very good film, would definitely recommend.

Finally watched The Big Lebowski, don't know if it's such a masterpiece of a movie but the Dude is sure one of the greatest characters in cinema history. What a performace from Jeff Bridges.

saw the big lebowski when it was brand-new
seen it multiple times
but last time i saw it was so long ago that i don't actually remember most of it

Last edited:
To not be a complete degenerate I paused the anime watching and went back on Netflix to see whats new.

Russian show about waifu bots, "Better than us".

2 episodes in and it's pretty good, hard to say something more for now, but since season 1 has 16 episodes there is time to build the world and characters and hopefuly it wont be rushed.

Im not forcing over 20. Just make it enough to tell a story without rushing and sacrifices.

KHYKHY GAMEOFTHRONES KYHYKHYH

It depends on the show I feel. There was a period a few years ago when shows were till 20+ episodes per season, but all it did was stretching a story that could be told in half the amount of episodes. I'm guessing people got sick of it, and that's why we have shorter seasons nowadays. Now we get the opposite problem instead however, like with Game of Thrones s08 for example.

Thats why streaming is better for shows.

Need 30 minutes for episode? Sure. Need 70 minutes? Go ahead. Need extra episode? No problem.

Not happening on tv.

Shame netflix just mostly mass produces shit

It depends on the show I feel. There was a period a few years ago when shows were till 20+ episodes per season, but all it did was stretching a story that could be told in half the amount of episodes. I'm guessing people got sick of it, and that's why we have shorter seasons nowadays. Now we get the opposite problem instead however, like with Game of Thrones s08 for example.
or the entire game of thrones really
if this show had been 20+ episodes a season
we would have maybe had 1 or 2 fewer seasons
but we would have had much better-done season-arcs
and we would have had a much better build-up to the big-kick-ass-definitive-series-finale
instead what we actually had was
just the entire last fucking season looking like it was filmed in just one fucking day

Man in Black International failed hard and I couldnt be happier.

Turns out having negro flawless stronk wemen wont make your movie succesful anymore.

Attack on Titan

First Season has a lot of action, but lacks character development.
Second season brings character development and plottwists.
Third season brings more world building and has more politics (personally I feel like it's worse than previous season, but consensus is its good and improves the pacing of the manga).
Fourth season (or as the studio calls it Season 3 part II) just fucking steamrolls everything else, tons of action, world building and character development and answers few questions but then youve got new questions and you love it and hate it. Im not afraid to say that its the best sequel of everything ive seen in my life.

Im positive the creator can finish the series with satisfying ending seeing how things goes, contrary to some other shows *COUGH COUGH* gameofthrones *COUGH COUGH*