Movies/series thread

i saw that movie, it's pretty good. I don't know why the hatred about Costner either. I seen bunch of people bashing Waterworld, but i liked when it came out.

I may have brought this up on this board before in the horror movie thread but who can keep track?

Has anyone here ever seen the movie Mr.Brooks? I watched it again just now and it's a pretty amazing movie, and is one of those occasional gems by Kevin Costner. Say what you want about the guy but I think he gets way too much flak (mostly over one really bad movie disaster) when you consider he actually has some pretty great movies in his resume. Mr.Brooks It's about a businessman serial killer with a second persona (played by William Hurt) that gets caught by a photographer that has psychopathic tendencies himself and wants to get in on a kill. So he blackmails Mr.Brooks into taking him for a ride along. It has a bit of a Dexter edge with a second actor playing his alter-ego in the background (like Harry but vile and without principle), not to mention the implied long history of successful murders, all while living in plain sight.

I really like it anyway, I would recommend it to anyone that wants to see a well made movie along those lines. I'm not saying it's anything cerebral, it's just entertaining.

Watched the trailer, looks good! I like Kevin.

Anyone here watches Marvel's Agents of Shield? It's pretty inconsistent but it shows flashes of brilliance every other episode, which keeps me hooked.

it watched for a couple (maybe 6-7) episodes, and i found it way too cheesy to continue watching it, nothing really exciting happened either. i expected a lot more from joss whedon after both buffy and avengers

sadfasdfjkl;weqwe4hfjk234fwesdasfasdfsadfasdf

asdf23k3j42l34kjfasdklfjkasljfklasdfask!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there going to be any white male main character?

trol_fejs_by_mallo15-d4b040t.png

I've watched the trailer like 30 times today, I get chills and goosebumps every fucking time. Teared up a bit too, Makes me feel like a kid again when my dad showed me Star Wars for the first time and how enamored I was with it. Right in the nostalgia feels, bigtime. JJ did a fantastic job with the Star Trek reboot, and I'm not even close as a fan of Trek as I am of Star Wars so I can't even express how excited I am for this.

^Yeah that's how I did with the first teaser too haha :)

I imagine I'll be watching this one over and over too. Though I'm probably going to try to stay away from the next trailers; I don't want to see too much before watching the movie.

I've watched the trailer like 30 times today, I get chills and goosebumps every fucking time. Teared up a bit too, Makes me feel like a kid again when my dad showed me Star Wars for the first time and how enamored I was with it. Right in the nostalgia feels, bigtime. JJ did a fantastic job with the Star Trek reboot, and I'm not even close as a fan of Trek as I am of Star Wars so I can't even express how excited I am for this.

I hear ya. Im trying to keep expectations low here.

^Yeah that's how I did with the first teaser too haha :)

I imagine I'll be watching this one over and over too. Though I'm probably going to try to stay away from the next trailers; I don't want to see too much before watching the movie.

I swore I wouldnt watch more trailers than the first, I failed. The force is too strong. o_O
I dont like the new Stormtrooperhelmets. :(