Movies you like that no one else does

Van Helsing

Objectively, this movie is an incoherent mess and the tie-in materials were more mature than the actual film. But to my 12 year old self, this movie would have been the greatest thing ever. :headbang:

heh heh heh

At first I didn't care for it due to the so-so graphic work, but then the more I watched it the more I kinda figured it was done like that on purpose (the whole pseudo-realistic approach). After I just relaxed on the critique side of things it was quite enjoyable.

One I really like that my wife shakes her head at me for - The City of Lost Children!

WATERWORLD!!!

Touche'!

and sorry Pellaz, Boondock Saints is one of my all-time favorites too! :headbang:

Oh, the movie is popular amongst a certain, almost cult-like group (to which most of my friends belong), but allll too often, if I mention it to average people, they say "huh? Wazzat?"
Remember, it never had a theatrical release, which is startling considering that Willem Dafoe (among others) is in it.

Boys & Girls
Superstar
Kung Pow

There are a lot on here I wouldn't consider unpopular movies. Love Actually was quite a hit when it was in theaters and it was all I heard people talking about for awhile. There's a number of "cult" hits like I Heart Huckabees (I quite enjoyed that one) and Flash Gordon, too.

Young Frankenstein (I always get the "It's a black and white movie?" response from idiots.)

"Would you mind telling me whose brain I did put in?"

Touche'!

Oh, the movie is popular amongst a certain, almost cult-like group (to which most of my friends belong), but allll too often, if I mention it to average people, they say "huh? Wazzat?"
Remember, it never had a theatrical release, which is startling considering that Willem Dafoe (among others) is in it.

Yeah, you're prolly right... :p Supposedly somewhere out there is a sequel in the works. Not sure how much more they could do, but surely it's about the brothers and their paw Il Duce.

Troy...personally I think this is a very cool movie, along with great fight scenes. Alot of guys dogged this movie, because they say Brad Pitt is too much of a pretty boy. Personally, I think the guy is cool, so I have no problem with him.

A Lot Like Love...I think Ashton and Amanda Peet are very good together in this film. I feel in love with this movie, because I can relate well to the era that it takes place in, the 90's. I feel like I did a lot of my growing up, while in college in the 90's like the characters in the movie.

~Brian~

Big Trouble in Little China, one of the greatest cinematic masterpieces of all time. :D

hmm...A Boy and His Dog

That Van Damme movie Double Impact...its actually god awful but it cracks me up.

I like a number of movies that many consider not so good, but I think enough like them to keep them off this list (Highlander, for instance. I probably saw that movie 1000 times when I was a kid and a teenager...and I still like it!)

Real Men with Jim Belushi and John Ritter.

Loved it! I liked all of Ritter's stuff.

Waterworld mentioned earlier, I liked it too. Mad Max on water.
Boondock Saints is really popular cult-wise, like the Warriors.

Here's some of mine:

Night Of The Creeps
Transylvania 6-5000 (the one w/ Goldblum and Co.)
anything with Ami Dolenz in it (Ticks, Miracle Beach, Witchboard 2)
all the TRANCERS movies
Ski School (lam..ba..da..)
Girlfriend From Hell
Highway To Hell
Blade 3 (if they took out Dracula and went with the human farms it would have been more morbid and cooler in my opinion) but.. for some reason, I still watch it
D.E.B.S.
Bloodrayne