Movies you like that no one else does

I like Rock Star a lot...the first half of the movie is great. The second half, with the 'rise of grunge' ending, isn't as fun, but it's not bad either.

I have to disagree. The first part was watchable, but the end note of "metal is just an awkward phase that musicians go through on their way to _real_ music" ticked me off. Violently.

Fun soundtrack, though!

Responce to listings above....

I like Rockstar, Dream a little Dream and Top Secret.

Love Actually.

Yes, I said Love Actually. I think it's brilliant.
Um, excuse me? I already said Love, Actually. You will either have to agree with my original statement ("Yes, Tess. You're absolutely correct!" would work) or think of a new movie. That was my pick. That is all :p

Real Genius is one of the best movies out of that decade - my stomach always hurts from laughing whenever I watch it.

I need to get that on DVD...

There's actually people who DONT LIKE JOHN WAYNE movies??? WTF!

Ha-ha! The Duke is apparently very easy to make fun of as we all learned last year on the forum from folks who didn't care so much for all the Whitesnake covers ... oh wait ... wrong Duke. :lol: :loco: :lol:

Kenso - I know I still need to send you the two endings for the Butterfly Effect, but it's been so long since I watched the movie (with either ending) that I can only remember a little, The regular release has a nice happy ending where everything basically works out OK, and the Director's cut was much more saddening and realistic (if an ending for that kind of movie can be called "realistic"), but us Americans need our happy endings otherwise the movie usually flops at the box office (horror movies excluded). I'll try to dig out my copy and watch it this week and let you know more about the differences.

Kenso - I know I still need to send you the two endings for the Butterfly Effect, but it's been so long since I watched the movie (with either ending) that I can only remember a little, The regular release has a nice happy ending where everything basically works out OK, and the Director's cut was much more saddening and realistic (if an ending for that kind of movie can be called "realistic"), but us Americans need our happy endings otherwise the movie usually flops at the box office (horror movies excluded). I'll try to dig out my copy and watch it this week and let you know more about the differences.

I like that movie, too. Yippee HATES it with a fiery passion.

for some reason alot of people think the cable guy is stupid, and i dont see it!

when ever they are fighting and jim carey is singing that battle theme song and going "BLLLLL-AHH! BLLLLLLLLL-AHHHH!" i die everytime i see that

Ha-ha! The Duke is apparently very easy to make fun of as we all learned last year on the forum from folks who didn't care so much for all the Whitesnake covers ... oh wait ... wrong Duke. :lol: :loco: :lol:

ahh its no big deal, if you ever get around to it you can let me know, thanks though!

for some reason alot of people think the cable guy is stupid, and i dont see it!

when ever they are fighting and jim carey is singing that battle theme song and going "BLLLLL-AHH! BLLLLLLLLL-AHHHH!" i die everytime i see that

I heard he was actually doing the old 'battle music' from the original Star Trek, but I haven't seen Cable Guy yet. I know, I should; it has Medieval Times in it. :)

I heard he was actually doing the old 'battle music' from the original Star Trek, but I haven't seen Cable Guy yet. I know, I should; it has Medieval Times in it. :)

yea it was something like that, i didnt want to pinpoint it and be wrong

I have to disagree. The first part was watchable, but the end note of "metal is just an awkward phase that musicians go through on their way to _real_ music" ticked me off. Violently.

Fun soundtrack, though!

Yeah, I agree, that pisses me off too, but overall I think it's a fun movie to watch. I'm not sure why people back in the 90's thought you had to be strumming an acoustic guitar in a coffee house somewhere to be a "mature" musician. I'm glad we've moved passed that these days eventhough the American music scene isn't anything to brag about now either.

~Brian~

Yeah, I agree, that pisses me off too, but overall I think it's a fun movie to watch. I'm not sure why people back in the 90's thought you had to be strumming an acoustic guitar in a coffee house somewhere to be a "mature" musician. I'm glad we've moved passed that these days eventhough the American music scene isn't anything to brag about now either.

~Brian~

I think the American music scene is better than it has been in a long, long time. There is still a lot of crap out there, but there is more rock-leaning pop out there (like Kelly Clarkson) than there has been in ages. These days, Britney Spears is universally laughed at, there are no boy bands, and most people probably don't even remember Marcy Playground or Harvey Danger. Yeah, emo and Nickelback clones can be pretty annoying, but things seem to be moving in a more positive direction. :heh:

Stop reading my mind man.

Those were the two I was going to post, but it's easier just to quote you :)

I guess I should add:

Hell Comes To Frogtown

They Live

They Live! I forgot about that one. That's a great movie...right up there with Big Trouble. John Carpenter has to be my favorite 80's era director. Frogtown, however, is a Roddy Piper movie i've never seen.

And while I'm at it I will add another movie to the list:

fdc4eb6709a0f21913d51110._AA280_.L.jpg

Remo Williams!

a few more that cause people to roll their eyes at me:
  • Real Genius
  • Top Secret
  • Willow
  • True Romance
    (my Val Kilmer series of movies :saint: )
    and then
  • A Fish Called Wanda

I love all but one of those movies. Never liked True Romance.
Top Secret on the other hand is one of my favourite comedies from the 80s though pretty much every John Cusack movie beats it out.

"How do we know he's not Mel Torme?"

I liked Willow. Heck, it had one of [ur=http://www.starfireswords.com]our swords[/url] in it! :) (Val Kilmer's sword during the last half of the movie was commissioned from our blacksmith. :kickass: )

Aha, I thought of one: Teenage Caveman. Yeah, it was pretty dreadful, but it had a few good moments. Well, maybe one or two. :)

I liked "I Heart Huckabees" as well

This movie is the most entertaining 90 minutes of bullshit I've ever seen.

What Dreams May Come - Not the greatest movie by any stretch of the imagination, but it's an interesting perspective on life after death, and certainly depicts a cruel afterlife for those who commit suicide. This movie just got destroyed by critics when it came out but I really enjoy it.

brilliant flick.