Movies

THE ISLAND is THE best Michael Bay film ...period ... rest ... huddah

Just saw SICKO and feel like I once again live in Romania ... :(

I read an article about the exaggeration and manipulation of Michael Moore's films again in the paper today, reflected on what I've noticed in and learned about his films in the past, and was glad that I don't buy every word that guy shovels down peoples' throats.

Just read some stuff about it as well ... I mean all his movies are eye openers but there are fine lines of course. There is no way that Cuba treats their locals as well as they did these Americans with cameras hanging around ...

I did have to use the British system once when I was in London years ago, and it is true that's its fast and free ... no questions asked treatment.

However, as it was in Romania, and I hear it still is, long term care (non emergency situations) we are still tops.

The Island? That's one of the worst big-budget movies ever created. Actually, it might be #1 on that list. Godawful remake of Parts: A Clonus Horror, which was both more interesting and less painful to watch, and it was a terrible movie.

I refuse to let Michael Bay rape my childhood, so I am not going to see Transformers.

two horrible, yet great forgotten films from the 80's.

Strange Invaders (1983)
StrangeInvaders.jpg

Charlie's ex-wife disappears and he goes to where she grew up, a rural town in the mid-west, to look for her. But surprisingly, nobody knows about her or any of her many relatives, the Newman's. He meets aliens, but when he contacts the FBI they don't believe him. He tell his story to a tabloid and suddenly he is chased by the aliens.

Available from Netflix!

Solarbabies (1986)
solarbabies2.jpg

In the future, a nuclear war has left the Earth as a desert wasteland where the ocean has dried up leaving the Earth as a vast desert landscape. Most of the water supplies are controlled by the elite corporation E-Protecorate, where the E-Protectcorate takes children away from their families and are forced to live in a orphanage, where they are to be trained as E-Police, the E-Protectcorate's security army led by the cruel commanding officer Grock. After playing a game of Skateball (Hockey on Rollerskates) against their rival team 'The Scorpions'. Daniel, the youngest member of the Solarbabies discovers a glowing orb from another galaxy called Bodahi in a mineshaft and Bodahi heals Daniel's deafness. The Solarbabies learn Bodahi has amazing powers. And the discovery of Bodahi convinces the Solarbabies to escape from the Orphange and fight back against the E-Protectcorate. Pursued by Grock, who is after Bodahi, The Solarbabies travel across the desert wasteland, where Bodhai is the key in their quest to defeat the E-Protectcorate and liberate the world from it's control.

Available on dvd...somewhere, & it shall be mine.

THE ISLAND is THE best Michael Bay film ...period ... rest ... huddah

I saw this on a plane, and I was, admittedly, tired, but it is one of the only films I have ever stopped watching halfway through. Usually I'd sit through a film and see how it ends, but with this, I honestly did not give a shit. In other words, it sucked.

Oh, and I heard earlier that Ridley Scott is due to make a film based on the 'Monopoly' board game. I'll be lining up for days for that one..

DEJA VU ... not bad ... certainly a "better" Tony Scott movie after the disaster that was Domino.

Can someone remind what The Island was about and who was in it?

Btw, I saw Transporter the other night. Pretty awesome. I saw Part 2 a few months ago and it's slightly inferior to Part 1, although just as entertaining. The Asian chick in Part 1, while too skinny for my tastes, is ridiculously beautiful.

Am I the only guy who does NOT want to watch tasteless rehashes of things I was interested in 20 years ago? Finding and collecting mint condition examples of your favorite toys is one thing, but going crazy over the latest TMNT/Transformers/GI JOE/My Little Pony/Etc. is another. I don't know anyone who feels the same way though, so...

So my mom rented 'Babel' last night without knowing anything about it other than the fact that Brad Pitt was in it (she didnt have her reading glasses with her at the video rental place). Of course, I'd heard about this movie, and good things about it, so I decided to watch it with the family.

It was a disaster for all of them except for me, since I anticipated that it was, in fact, a pretentious artsy fartsy film, and they probably thought it was some average action movie or whatever. They left being confused, I left being enlightened in pretentious artsy fartsy crap goodness.

ZING to them.

Solarbabies (1986)
solarbabies2.jpg

In the future, a nuclear war has left the Earth as a desert wasteland where the ocean has dried up leaving the Earth as a vast desert landscape. Most of the water supplies are controlled by the elite corporation E-Protecorate, where the E-Protectcorate takes children away from their families and are forced to live in a orphanage, where they are to be trained as E-Police, the E-Protectcorate's security army led by the cruel commanding officer Grock. After playing a game of Skateball (Hockey on Rollerskates) against their rival team 'The Scorpions'. Daniel, the youngest member of the Solarbabies discovers a glowing orb from another galaxy called Bodahi in a mineshaft and Bodahi heals Daniel's deafness. The Solarbabies learn Bodahi has amazing powers. And the discovery of Bodahi convinces the Solarbabies to escape from the Orphange and fight back against the E-Protectcorate. Pursued by Grock, who is after Bodahi, The Solarbabies travel across the desert wasteland, where Bodhai is the key in their quest to defeat the E-Protectcorate and liberate the world from it's control.

Available on dvd...somewhere, & it shall be mine.

GREAT MOVIE!