Movies

"THE HOST" - absolutely stunning visuals in this Korean "giant monster" flick, though classifying it as merely a "monster" movie is an understatement, the focus is more other things, i.e. the people.

"KRONOS: RAVAGER OF PLANETS" - 1957 scifi movie. Giant alien robot lands in the ocean and all hell breaks lose! Quite a fine plot, I'd say it outdoes the majority of ye olde time black and white sci-fi films.

8mm - just finished watching this on hbo. I saw this in the movies when it originally came out, not what i expected to be sure. Very dark, brutal, unrelenting, suspense/mystery thriller from the late 90's. Fairly decent plot, though a bit predictable at times. The last hour is intense though, with no happy endings in sight. Good acting from cage, who seems to have been made for the role. Great scene when he goes back and finishes one of the bad guys off. Stormare and Gandolfini are devious throughout ("kill em all machine"). All in all, IMO underrated flick.

"THE HOST" - absolutely stunning visuals in this Korean "giant monster" flick, though classifying it as merely a "monster" movie is an understatement, the focus is more other things, i.e. the people.

Yeah, I saw that in this weird korean theater out here. It was AWESOME.

The Fountain.

Awesome. I forgot to check this out when it came out originally, glad I got around to it.

Wierd that you should mention this movie. Saturday night the wife and I started this movie up and made it 15 minutes before realizing it was the worst movie we've ever seen. I was going to post something about it but figured no one ever even heard of it. Totally unwatchable. :lol:

8 mm was good. I saw that in theaters.
I just read a review of Host somewhere and it was positive. Goddam it I hate it when you read something in passing and then it becomes important to you but by then you cant remember where you read it.

Wierd that you should mention this movie. Saturday night the wife and I started this movie up and made it 15 minutes before realizing it was the worst movie we've ever seen. I was going to post something about it but figured no one ever even heard of it. Totally unwatchable. :lol:

The trailer looked God awful, but Iofstorm generally has good taste in film, (for a boy lover), so I added it to queue.