Movies

this movie fucking sucks.

The trailer looked like total yank. Better off reading "Gates of Fire" again. Holy fuck, Steven Pressfield for the win! I was holding back tears while reading the final two chapters. Not homosexual tears mind you, but tears of admiration to the glory and honor exhibited by the characters involved.

(With a blade across the historians throat)
:Historical Scribe: "Dienekes, Polynikes, Rooster, Xeones..."
Hold your weapons.
:Rooster steps to the fore:

Holy God damn shit. I'm getting goosebumps just paraphrasing what transpired. I'm in eternal debt for this reco my good man.

What Jerry said.
Also add The Illusionist, Breach, and The Machinist. Those plus Jerry's should keep you busy for a good two weeks.

What is Breach about?

The Machinist = Top Notch

The Illusionist = I have it sitting on my desk waiting to be viewed.

I'd also like to add "The Return" and "Up and Down", to the reco list.

Me and my housemate watched Sudden Death last night (90s Van Damme flick, basically it's Die Hard in an ice hockey arena, but shit). I loved the part where the head of the ex-Secret Service hostage-takers who held the Vice President to ransom by threatening to blow up the arena at the end of the last game of the Stanley Cup freaks out a room full of hostages by holding aloft what looks suspiciously like a remote detonator, then pressing the button to reveal that it's actually a cigarette lighter.

I mean, really. He must have not only brought that thing with him, with the express intention of using it to freak out hostages who have already seen his team murder several people even further, but he must actually have had it specially fucking made for that very purpose!

Oh, and Jean Claude Van Damme brutally killing a terrorist in a fluffy penguin mascot outfit it pretty damned funny, too.